How To - Tips > Doors

Door Hinges - The different types.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Tallon:
Isn't that a pic of an oem car?

eddie:
String i noticed the air bag switch. nice touch.Me and Rodney have one and maybe use it as  power off on ignition ( we got the key)  Jim installed one too on his 6.0.
back then I asked who wants one? got no reply

Rebirth:
Awesome Tip! I've heard horror stories about making the doors works properly. Thanks for making this thread sir!

No Bull:
I think this is the first time I've ever seen a picture of the hinges from the side that show an obvious curve in the hinge for extra fender clearance.  Other pictures that I've seen in the past would make you think that the hinge was just flat casted piece. 

I'm looking forward to seeing your CAD drawings for hinge, hinge shelf, door and door block for a G28 so we can finally see the mechanics behind a properly mounted door with an OEM styled hinge.

Thanks,

Chris 

String:
Here are some pics of the OEM hinge and in an installed 'exposed' view to hopefully illustrate the position and angles required to mount and give clearance to the front wing.I have removed the front wing to give an x-ray type effect which should show the full range of movement.
Regards  ::wave

Original door fully open - hinge close to aperture edge.

Replica door fully open

Door closed - x-ray view

Door open - x-ray view

Hinge profile - showing offset and angle required for clearance.

::thumbup

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version