How To - Tips > Doors

how do you get the window to stop?

<< < (2/5) > >>

jdinner:
I tried adhesive on a switch....once. Some seeped inside and I had to replace it.
It would be best if you weld on a metal tab to support the switch.

notnilc20:
OK, so I got the switches and got the wiring all sorted out and it works.  But I still need to mount these little buggers.  I was thinking about using adhesive but I want to know what is a good adhesive for the plastic housing of the switch to mount to the metal gear wheel of the window motor.  Any suggestions?  Or is using adhesive a bad idea?  I don't know how else to mount them.  Thanks

jdinner:

--- Quote from: Onewickedsvt on June 21, 2012, 09:07:41 PM ---I wonder how well this will work with the different weather conditions and WATER dripping into the door area.

--- End quote ---
Over time rust inside the switch would be a concern. But honestly, how many times will you be driving the car in the salt and slush? These switches will work fine under water. A coating of Dielectric grease will stop any problems.

Onewickedsvt:
I wonder how well this will work with the different weather conditions and WATER dripping into the door area.

RT:
Onewickedsvt,
I used the switches as listed by part numbers in the previous post.  Just because they say they are good for 120V  doesn't mean you can't use them for 12 VDC.  They work fine.

Also, thanks Tallon for the youtube link that works.

Dustin,
Most of my actuators are power window motors with the rotating arm used to connect a spherical rod end and link to another rod end that moves what you need to move.  If you only need small movement you can use trunk pull-down motors.  They have about one inch travel.  I also found the drive unit that power-tilts seat backrests are narrow and strong, so there is another place to look.  I looked into linear actuators but they are expensive.  i guess this is just the "cheap" coming out of me.

RT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version