How To - Tips > Electrical

Roadster window and lock wiring schematic

(1/3) > >>

No Bull:

--- Quote from: RT on January 11, 2014, 10:21:58 PM ---OK, here is a replacement for the old schematic. 
RT

--- End quote ---

Thank you RT

Chris

RT:
OK, here is a replacement for the old schematic.  Everything is the same except for the corrected diodes.

RT

No Bull:
Ok RT.. you've talked me into it and I'll give this a try.   ::thumbup

If you posted a new diagram, that would be awesome when you have time.

Thanks again,

Chris

RT:
Chris,  If you like I will redo the schematic and repost but in the mean time I wanted to make sure I wasn't further confusing or misleading anyone.
I have had a discussion with someone else about how hard it would be to wire that system but I said all you have to do is think of it as a mechanical construction.  The hard work of figuring out what you need is done.  Now all you have to do is find someplace to mount all the relays and a terminal strip to connect all the wires.  The switches will be mounted in the door with the "door open" and "door closed" switches mounted in a suitable location for operation.  Then consider the red and black lines as "linkage" from one item to another with the dots as terminals on a terminal strip.  "Connect the dots".  You might find it fun and you could "turn the corner" on electrical work.
I have relays all over my build and had to find places for all off them.  Here are a few places:
1. beside the seat backs, under the side windows, behind the door jambs.  (In one location I made a box that goes into the rear quarter panel empty space. The other just a panel under the interior upholstery panel.)
2. along side the console, next to your feet and/or passenger's feet (just be sure to position a hard, carpeted, kick-panel over them so you don't do any damage.
3. inside the console (if you haven't already used that for too many other things)
4. under the interior rocker covers. ( I placed some in a line under that cover with terminal strip)
5. under the dash
6. between the upper dash and heater unit
7. build a box in the front trunk, maybe under a false floor or behind a false back panel.
Just get creative.
I encourage everyone to not be intimidated by wiring, especially if you have all the components and how they get wired together.  There are so many mechanical things that are much worse to do.  LOL

RT

No Bull:
Thanks for making the correction RT.   ::thumbup

Will you be posting a corrected diagram with these changes?  As I get closer to the electrical system on my car, I intend on taking all of this information to someone that specializes in electrical systems and have them build and install it.  The electrical part of the build is something I'll dabble in (installing the rear camera, instrument cluster and stereo) but stuff like this is a little overwhelming for me.   ::)

Awesome contribution to the site.. Thank You!

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version