Author Topic: Purple People Eater LP670 SV Build!!!  (Read 199515 times)

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
Re: Purple People Eater LP670 SV Build!!!
« Reply #594 on: November 05, 2018, 06:02:13 PM »
Very nice work Purple, you really made some good progress.  Fitting the body is not an easy thing, every little movement in one panel affects the rest of the car.  Just keep playing with it until you are satisfied with all the panel fitments.
Pedro

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #593 on: November 03, 2018, 10:26:05 AM »
Thanks guys, I started on the passenger side by placing the quarter, innner door and outer. I used the door gasket to give myself an idea of how it would all fit together. Lots of putting together and taking apart to make slight adjustments! The rocker is still fighting me a bit due mostly to a tab that needs re made!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

Footcutter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 142
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 3D car printing
« Reply #592 on: October 21, 2018, 08:21:16 AM »
I feel your pain, but I have found it is so worth the extra work!  Looks like it is coming along nicely!  ::thumbup

LP700-4

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 43
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #591 on: October 21, 2018, 07:58:03 AM »
Good luck with the alignment!  I am going through the same thing.. get the rear looking good only to find the front is to high, adjust the front then the rear is off...   

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #590 on: October 20, 2018, 11:25:59 PM »
I've spent the last few days working to make more clearance towards the front of my chassis so I could drop the front of the windshield and fenders an inch! With doing so I've lost some headroom. I also started aligning my panels which is showing I may get to raise the rear of the roof an inch or so and gain back what I have lost. So far so good, I can already tell the rear quarter panels are gonna be a challenge!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #589 on: October 20, 2018, 11:14:50 PM »
I went back and looked at how I did my Fiero heater in my Roadster. I used 1 1/2" electrical conduit fittings and shop vac hose connected to plexiglass plate. Worked well.

I love this simple solution! Thank you for sharing!!!  ::beers

lambobuilder

• Liked: 208
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
    • Lambobuilder
« Reply #588 on: October 12, 2018, 10:07:45 AM »
I went back and looked at how I did my Fiero heater in my Roadster. I used 1 1/2" electrical conduit fittings and shop vac hose connected to plexiglass plate. Worked well.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #587 on: October 11, 2018, 10:32:43 PM »
I can't remember the Fiero box but wanna say it was well over 20" in length and around 12" deep! The Vintage Air is 7.3 deep which is a huge improvement. You may be able to utilize the Fiero AC as you are working with a G28 body. Mine is from Watson and requires me to push everything closer to the front similar to OEM. I may do like Neil in the future just wanted to leave my options open.

Simple Man

« Reply #586 on: October 11, 2018, 12:55:09 PM »
Had a talk with Simple Man over his build last night which got me motivated to rip some stuff from my car  :LL: I made the decision the Fiero airbox just isn't gonna fit so it had to go for now, I will replace it with a mini Vintage Air system in the future! Any links as to how someone has made this retrofit in a Fiero would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to try to get the fiero system to work with the 3800sc engine.  there is some good info on pennocks on how to do this.

If that fails, Matt at Old Air states the smallest evap. they have is, Box is 12’x12’x8.5”deep.
Vintage Air smallest box is bigger. 19x9x7.3

what are the measurements for the Fiero evap box?

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #585 on: October 10, 2018, 08:32:47 PM »
Once I cut it out I transferred the holes and bolted it on! This will get me by for now, when I make up my mind on the AC unit I can remove this and cut the appropriate holes!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #584 on: October 10, 2018, 08:30:08 PM »
I do love the way Neil utilized the Grand Prize air box. I wanted to leave my options open so I used a piece of aluminum plate I got for next to nothing! I cut apart the Fiero airbox flange and transferred it to a piece of MDF to use as a template while cutting the aluminum.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #583 on: October 10, 2018, 08:23:59 PM »
Had a talk with Simple Man over his build last night which got me motivated to rip some stuff from my car  :LL: I made the decision the Fiero airbox just isn't gonna fit so it had to go for now, I will replace it with a mini Vintage Air system in the future! Any links as to how someone has made this retrofit in a Fiero would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same feelings about the Fiero airbox.  I ended up installing the airbox from a Grand Prix.  This was made possible due the distance that the windshield moves forward to the Aventador position.  I separated the blower motor section from the airbox and installed the resulting two parts.  I created a box to house the airbox forward of the oem location.

You can see the full installation starting about halfway down page 9 of my build thread on PFF:

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/134807-9.html#p343

That's some nice clean work Neil, can't believe I've never seen your build!!!  :drool

Neils88

• Liked: 134
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #582 on: October 07, 2018, 07:13:27 PM »

I had the same feelings about the Fiero airbox.  I ended up installing the airbox from a Grand Prix.  This was made possible due the distance that the windshield moves forward to the Aventador position.  I separated the blower motor section from the airbox and installed the resulting two parts.  I created a box to house the airbox forward of the oem location.

You can see the full installation starting about halfway down page 9 of my build thread on PFF:

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/134807-9.html#p343

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 07:24:46 PM by Neils88 »

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #581 on: October 06, 2018, 11:12:35 PM »
While at it I decided it was time to get rid of the Fiero column, not sure I'll be wiring it immediately. I first removed the steering column, then the support as I will make my own. If you notice the Sebring column is splined while the Fiero is not. I simply cut the end off the Fiero column, ground flats on the spline for a nice snug fit, then welded it in place. So far so good!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #580 on: October 06, 2018, 11:04:45 PM »