Build Diaries > Countach

Countach Air Con Controller

(1/12) > >>

Linlor:
I received some help from a Lambo mechanic. He graciously supplied me with the user/shop manual pages from a Diablo, which used the same HVAC controllers as the Countach in the early years.

My assumptions were quite incorrect for the A/C and the vent buttons. Time to update my pseudo-code to reflect the proper operation... Funny, the English side of the pages really read like a literal translation from the Italian.....  ::beers

For the Diablo replica owners, this HVAC unit will also work as this the HVAC controller for the early Diablo's

Cheers
Don

Linlor:
A confirmation of button functions as I write out my controller code.

Button functions from top left

* A/C Button
* Feet Vent
* Dash Front/Console Vents
* Dash Upper/Defrost Vent
* Defroster.  This one is the one I am most confused about.  Is it a defrost power button like we have where it shuts ll the other vents off and turns the fan up to high and blasts the condensation off the screen?  Or is it the rear window defrost button? 
Buttons from Bottom Left to Right

* Recirc so shut off the outside air.  Usually used with A/C
* Temp Down
* Celsius/Fahrenheit switch button
* Temp Up Button
* Fan Button.  Has three speeds
Can anyone confirm or correct me please?

Thanks
Don

Linlor:
OK all;

I have been able to get my hands on an oem HVAC controller for reference.  I have taken it apart and taken pictures at all angles.

The HVAC controller is pretty darn simple really.  Push down a button for the various venting positions and they stay pushed in and electrically move the vent flaps.  Very much the same setup as the Fiero HVAC control unit.

I have purchased an Arduino UNO unit to run my controller and I am now writing out some pseudocode to get my flows and scenarios worked out and then into some C++ coding to build my own unit.

My plans are:

* Use the HVAC face to measure and make a buck to be molded
* I plan to use micro switches for the buttons so they won't work exactly the same as the oem buttons
* I will need to add some LEDs to each button to show what button is enabled and what is not.
* I also plan to update the LED temp display to a small LCD screen that I can ads a few more items to rather than just the temperature that the heater is set to.

It won't be an exact copy of the Countach HVAC controller but it will work for my purposes and be updated a bit to provide more info and usefulness than the original.

The project won't be speedy by any means as I am doing it later at night when I get back out of the garage or finishing up the latest "Honey-do contracting" project that my wife needs done......

I will post up some pics of the oem controller unit soon.

Cheers
Don

Linlor:
I just heard back from Theo over on lamboreplica.uk and he said he will post his CAD files up on his web site for his controller when he gets a chance.  It has been several years since he have done anything with it so he had to find it.  He is also extremely busy so it may take a while to get posted up there.

Cheers
Don

Linlor:
Pics and a drawing of the Countach HVAC button I purchased from Lambostuff recently.  Finally had time to sit and draw it up and take some pics.

Don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version