Author Topic: Aventador Roadster On It's Way.  (Read 6039 times)

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
Re: Aventador Roadster On It's Way.
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 09:42:10 PM »
I dont think thats pigeon... looks more like red tailed warbler.... :P

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 08:59:40 PM »
Maybe it's me, but I thought that the pigeon poop on the corner of the trunk was a dead give away!  Is it snowing in Scotsdale again?  The batteries on my electron microscope went south.  You guys got good eyes. ::thumbup
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 03:50:10 PM »
Pictures: Pre-stretch, Post-stretch?  Steering wheel same?  Flip a coin.  Engine in stretched chassis looks like it has made a home in there for a few months at least.
Honestly I thought the steering wheels DIDN'T look the same

eddie

• Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 03:46:02 PM »
http://lamboclone.com/index.php?board=35.0
Read first before you make anything
Most and lot of them newbies wants 1k hp engine and 5k$ sound system
Where are they today??? Did not listen ,did they ?

Digibeam

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 02:15:06 PM »
I would like to add to Jdinner  and notice not only the installed plugs but if you notice that actual size of the center oval in the oem frame above the rear wheel on the top image to the same oval on the bottom image...
how did it magically get smaller yet still be a punched/forged hole with dimple intact?
there is no question those are images of two different vehicles... not that i am very surprised but i am sure there is a very good explanation.

jdinner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
    • KwikerCars
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 01:23:47 PM »
Pre-stretch has the plastic hole plugs missing in the upper frame just behind and above the rear tire. The post-stretch has them installed. Who does that?

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 10:46:01 AM »
Pictures: Pre-stretch, Post-stretch?  Steering wheel same?  Flip a coin.  Engine in stretched chassis looks like it has made a home in there for a few months at least.
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

jdinner

• Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
    • KwikerCars
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 04:35:44 AM »
nulafed, don't quote me but the two pictures above that you posted are of two different cars.

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 02:16:59 PM »
nulafed…
Since Adrian mentioned my build I thought I'd add some info.  I used a Fiero chassis as the basis for my build but vey little is left of the Fiero.  I made a sub-frame for the engine, transaxle, suspension at the rear from a section of C5 Corvette rear frame.  I narrowed it 3", aluminum suspension frame and all, to allow for appropriate wheel offset and built attaching points for everything else.  The rest of the Fiero tub was re-made around the floorpan with rectangular steel tubing for strength.  That is hardly what you showed in the pictures.
Horsepower is great but, in reality, you won't be using it much.  Anything over 400 HP is just bragging rites with little usability.  You might as well "exaggerate" the HP and nobody would know.  That would be cheaper and more practical. 
The other thing that I feel is "exaggerated" is expecting to be finished "by March 1st, 2014".  THAT I want to see!  Good luck.
Anyway, keep us informed.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

aeauto

• Liked: 33
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 12:27:22 PM »
I have to agree with Digi 100%  on this.  You will have trouble making that much HP work on the street and in a Fiero frame it is just not a good idea at all.  You will not find a transverse transmission that will take it and a Porsche set up for that much HP will cost you around $12,000.  I see a lot of builders getting carried away with HP numbers and they don't really have any idea what it takes to make that much HP and how to get it to the ground in a controllable manner.  Go read through a bunch of the posts over on the GT40 forum and you will find that the guys who have experience building and driving these sort of cars will tell you that 400 HP will do most anything you want and let you have as much fun as necessary.

AdrianBurton

• Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 10:27:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum
I hafta agree with Digi on that, to much power in a mostly fiero chassis will be scary at best and downright dangerous at worse.  If you are intending on that much power and want to build a mostly tube chassis and use the fiero tub like what RT did with his build.

Either way keep the pics coming an ask all of the questions that cross your mind

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 11:29:56 PM »
Welcome to the forums !! Can't wait to see your build , although please keep both eyes wide open when dealing with any kit builder and sending them money

Those two chassis pics are completely different cars .

Digibeam

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 10:56:04 PM »
well, this is my personal opinion based on past experience with high horse power vehicles,
I would be wanting a custom tube chassis designed to handle the amount of torque that sort of horsepower can dish out.
a cut and modified chassis that is a few decades old... regardless of its apparent condition, would not be my first or last choice to say the least.
not to say that it hasn't been done or that it should not be done, but my recommendation for something of that caliber would be a custom chassis without question.
so, assuming you dont blow the clutch or break axles and assuming you actually hook up on the pavement... then the next thing that will happen is your frame is going to want to twist like a cork screw, if you feel that a partial fiero chassis with all its original integral roof/frame cut away then augmented with post welded frame implements will be adequate to absorb the horsepower and revert it back to the wheels without again breaking something down the line.
i am all in to see what you come up with. but i am just saying, if it were me, i would be going tube chassis...and in fact... that is what i have and i will be lucky to hit 450hp with the design of my engine, but the frame and all the mounts are fairly over designed to take that mild abuse compaired to what you are going to put your frame through.
just voicing my opinion because you asked...  :)

nulafed

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 10:45:06 PM »
Another pic.

nulafed

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0