The Forum > Housekeeping - Forum Tips & Announcements

EBay Picker Test

<< < (2/3) > >>

No Bull:
I was playing around with some new code this weekend and thought I'd try out building an "EBay alert" for OEM and replica parts.  I was going to set up a poll and put it to a vote whether we keep it or not.  None of these alerts are sponsored by EBay or anything and I just wondered what it would look like if I automated some searches since many users post links to this information anyhow.  The problems I'm running into is creating a query in EBay without picking up all the other stuff that sellers associate with the keywords (everything from magnets to vinyl film).  I'm thinking of narrowing the searches down to just a couple of the most commonly looked for parts and looking for ways to keep these feeds from appearing in the recent topics section.  For now, I'll turn off the search for the OEM parts and leave the replica search on since it's not as many returns.  I'll do some more testing and give it another try once I've made some changes (cracking a few eggs to make an omelette).  ;) 

Any suggestions for commonly searched OEM parts?

Thanks,

Chris

RT:
It is a problem.
I hate people like that.  Although they think they are doing us a favor by letting us know abut the great "deals" they have to offer, they just clog up the posts.  If they want to advertise, pay up.
Maybe you could find out who they are and find a way to either block them or let them know we don't appreciate what they are doing,
I couldn't log on to the site and I think it was because they were "busy" posting.
Please keep the "latest postings page".  I like it that way.

RT

eddie:
 OK then ,maybe KC or MM have better front page set up ??

Tallon:
It ruins the point of using the front page for "recent posts."
Soon this thread will be invisible and no one will know it exists unless they happen to catch it in time.
If you want to see the ads then why not go to that forum to see them?

eddie:
I think it's OK, just don't open it, if you'r not interested , When you are looking on Ebay in Lamborghini parts there are 3 millions of pages with parts that are not Lambo. this way you can get heads up on real parts. rather than Honda but fits Lamborghini .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version