Author Topic: The Most Accurate Diablo VT Kit  (Read 9924 times)

RUNDLC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 5
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: The Most Accurate Diablo VT Kit
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2014, 07:47:12 PM »
JMHO,

If you find a dnr, b&b, Corey Davis and certainly anything called dee-low RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN.

If you are going to build better be with NAERC, CRP or a splash there of. If not you will run into issues! You have been warned

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2014, 12:02:53 PM »
Very well said Charley! I wish I could mark your post as "liked" more than once!

I have been blown away by the lack of basic professionalism displayed by some of these vendors.

All a company had to do in order to be successful here was to do what they say, when they say, and how they said it. What a concept! A company that would add a little bit of paper trail is not a bad idea either. To all of the ones out there that waited two years for parts, or are still waiting, what did your receipt say the delivery date should have been?

Amen brother!

I am getting pretty excited. :)
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 11:51:38 AM »
BigPines,
   Thank you and I would like the opportunity to earn your business. Before entering this market I did a lot of research and one thing became clear. All a company had to do in order to be successful here was to do what they say, when they say, and how they said it. What a concept! A company that would add a little bit of paper trail is not a bad idea either. To all of the ones out there that waited two years for parts, or are still waiting, what did your receipt say the delivery date should have been?
   I am a dealer, distributor, or OEM for about 30 companies. Some of them like Wilwood, Painless Wiring, and Afco, I have had for some time, dating back 30 years to the racecar days, to the point of knowing their owners when their shop was a one car garage.
   Others such as Alpine, Centerline, and Old Air Products, are newer franchise purchases and unique to Lambo replicas.

Charley Strickland
Strickland Racing Inc.

76mx

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 10:54:37 AM »
AB,
   No, absolutely not, I am tired of beating that dead horse. I realize that is a controversial statement but let me get up on my soapbox and rant a little, but let me start a new thread so the reaction does not pollute this thread.

AdrianBurton

• Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 10:46:58 AM »

Will you be in carlisle this year??

BigPines

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 01:02:52 AM »
Sounds like you are the man to know. I welcome a reliable vendor for an OEM Murci body. It has been A LONG TIME since that was the case. I will be watching with interest.

Oh, what is the name of your company?

When is Pomona? I am interested in going.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 01:10:18 AM by BigPines »

76mx

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 12:56:55 AM »
BigPines,
   Sorry, I forgot to answer your other questions. I will sell whatever I can make a buck on, including my other Lambo bodies and three different dune buggy bodies. The Mercy molds are supposed to be OEM, clues point to this, and the accuracy indicates it, but to say for certian would be hearsay on my part. All of this is the same for the Reventon molds. We have 14 employees in the fiberglass shop and do world class work. I do not have a website, it is my opinion that they only attract tire kickers. I stay plenty busy with chassis work (all DOT certified with international VIN) and Countach stuff. I have had an ad in Kit Car Builder for several years and a vendor display at Carlisle and Pomona.

BigPines

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2014, 12:32:45 AM »
I am intrigued.

76mx

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2014, 12:29:19 AM »
Bigpines,
   You have not seen major player yet. Wail until April 10.

BigPines

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2014, 12:26:19 AM »
76mx, I had no idea you were such a major player in this industry. Good to know.

The Murci molds were OEM right? I think I heard they were copies of Watson's kit but I'm not sure about that. I assume the Reventon kit does not have an OEM source. ;)

So are you selling kits of Reventons and Murcis? Do you have prices yet? Pictures? A website?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 12:39:35 AM by BigPines »

76mx

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 12:20:47 AM »
BigPines,
Yes, I have Cliffs Mercy, Reventon, and Diablo molds. I am not sure the history of Bobs molds.

BigPines

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 12:13:44 AM »
So are you saying you acquired some Reventon and Murci molds from Cliff as well?

So where does B&B customs' kit fall in? Is it an OEM splash?

76mx

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 11:51:22 PM »
Thanks Rodrieguz. This is exactly the type of info I was hoping to get here. You seem to be very knowledgeable about this stuff. Is CRP / Steve Curtis still selling kits?

76mx, are you selling kits from Cliff's molds are did you acquire them for personal use only?

Were there any other OEM spec bodies? Was NAERC's OEM as well?

Oh, and just for the sake of preserving the facts, if CRM/Cliff's molds were based on a 1991 Diablo, they were not a VT model (which was introduced in 1993) so they have different front and side air intakes. That is perfectly fine, I am just trying to keep everything straight (mostly for myself).

Those molds came with his Reventon and Mercy molds which I was more interested in and they kind of put me in an awkward situation. I have a deal with Bob at B&B Custons (Who also has Diablo molds that have not yet been mentioned) to build chassis for his cars and then I found myself with Diablo molds as well. I would sell a body from my molds but only after Bob got first shot at it. I know that his glass work is quality stuff and at a reasonable price.

BigPines

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 09:48:26 PM »
I believe there was an early D&R body and a late body. I'm thinking if the CKI body really is a D&R body, it must be the early body.

Tony, would you mind posting a good pic of your car for a reference of what the D&R kit should look like?

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 09:39:27 PM »
FYI, Car Kit Inc. is claiming their Diablo (Dee-Low) is a copy of the D & R kit. Not bad for $3K.

"We offer the famed 'D. & R. Version' Replica Dee-Low body-kit which is the best Dee-Low version in the world, this is also called the V.T. Roadster version"

Isn't it the ONLY "Dee-Low" version in the world? ;)

The "Dee-Low" Diablo looks nothing like my DnR Diablo.... That green Diablo in the video looks pretty sad :(