Build Diaries > Diablo

Diablo6.0 Build Diary by 01Lambiero

<< < (2/13) > >>

01Lambiero:
Additional files on how I plan to true up the alignment of the calipers to the rotors.  Additional files for concentric ring and adapter plate dimensions.

01Lambiero:
Fiero stock spindles: Corvette C-4 rotors and calipers.  The Fiero rotors need the outer brake area machined off.  DO NOT CUT THEM WITH A TORCH! (it causes hard spots that are hard to remove).  If you use spacers, you will need longer studs.  The hard part of the conversion for me is machining the outer surfaces flat where the caliper adapter bracket bolts on.  I have been working on a plan to utilize a die grinder fastened to the Fiero rotor.  Plans to follow (old technology from the 90s guys).  The pdf file shows the dimensions for the centering ring and the caliper adapter plate.  Some of the instructions in the pdf do not apply.  Ingenuity is manditory in this business.

01Lambiero:
Northstar Mufflers:  Here is my previously installed mufflers.  I switched to the GTR mufflers later on.

01Lambiero:
Yeah!!!  Love that Cadillac wiring splice.  The saying goes "A Cadillac is a computer with 4 wheels".  Over 150 wires run behind the engine and enter the dash behind the glove box.  Just don't cut the wrong wire.

lambobuilder:
Love the innovation of the builders on this forum. Great job!  I remember wiring the Northstar to the Fiero harness. Learned a lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version