Build Diaries > Diablo

Random pics of my 6 ohh

(1/10) > >>

Thumper:
Some pics of the dash build.  The 2 small gauges will be replaced with ones like the speedo and tach.  They'll be a water temp and fuel gauge.  I used carbon fiber wrap and a heat gun and for my 1st ever attempt at working with vinyl but I it turned out pretty good.  Except the far right corner, so I'm going to have to do something with that.  Now to make a fiberglass shroud for the stereo and heater controls and attempt to cover that too. 

01Lambiero:
Don't they still make "Trail bikes"?  Front trunk: Golf Clubs remain at the Country Club.  Fill trunk space with Twinkies!

RT:
Thumper...
A great big congrats to you for the trail hike!  I hope you could afford the weight loss and it didn't take too much out of you.  That is an amazing accomplishment!  Any word on how many people have actually done that?
I like the Diablo too.  That front trunk looks good.  When people say to me that trunk looks small, I tell them, "Its big enough to hold one set of golf clubs but you have to bend them just right."
All the best on your build.

RT

minihawn:
Amazing bro! Absolutely amazing. I'm referring to ur hike! But glad to see the Diablo again!

Thumper:
Been a LONG time!  Quick update, I was actually able to complete one of my dreams!!!  I recently hiked the ENTIRE Appalachian Trail (all 2190 miles/14 states (from Georgia to Maine)).  I heard about it ~25+ years ago and as the years went by, I thought this could be a reality.  And so it was!  Anyway, if you like, search youtube for "Chris: Trail name Thumper" and you can see my vids I took along the way.  I'm still trying to get a final video with some pics finalized to upload.  It took me 132 days, lost 46 pounds!!!, and was the most challenging thing I've ever endured!  Except this darned Diablo project!!!
BUT....  I'm back on track and todays progress went rather well.  The front trunk is complete except for the weather seal and the windshield wiper control arm (both on order).  Next up is the trunk (engine bay), then interior.  Engine bay is almost complete.  Just needs the holes filled in, latch and catch, some fiberglass work on the lid, and lid bumpers installed.  Still thinking a wing would look nice, but that's for later.  Then onto the interior.  More to come...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version