How To - Tips > Fiberglass & Paint

Countach bodies?

(1/10) > >>

Electro_boy:
Many thanks! I was leaning in the three phase AC motor direction, but I like the look of their dual Siamese warp 11" motor. Just need to figure out how I'll fit it in... ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

76mx:
Electro_boy, This design started out by Flavio as an electric concept but the chassis development is for conventional power. I have had several meetings with a company that wants to use this design as the flagship car for their alternate drivetrain and some design work has been done to establish that this was feasible, but at this point it is not a confirmed direction. Regardless, I can still help with suggestions on motors and controllers from knowledge on previous projects. Netgain would be my motor of choice and there are several models. They are nationally distributed by George Hamstra at go-ev.com located in the Chicago area. The controller that they sell is actually manufactured by Ryan Bohm at evsource.com north of Salt Lake. Both men are knowledgeable and helpful and I would recommend them. Also, Ryan's shop is not big or fancy but the conversions and manufacturing that they do there is cool stuff if you ever find yourself I that area.     

Electro_boy:
Also, I see from the rear picture that you are planning to make it electric... That's what I'm planning too. What motor(s) and controllers etc. are you using, if you know yet?

Electro_boy:
There's a window design in the book 'How to build your own supercar' where it pivots across a roller. It solves the angle problem you are talking about. The glass needs to be a bit thicker than standard, because a spring presses against it when it's closed, to ensure it seals properly. It might be worth a look. I'm planning to go with the half window for my countach...

BigPines:
Yes, I've seen it. It looks like it is a modified NAERC to me. Please post some details once you get it in your possession. I am very interested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version