How To - Tips > Heating and Cooling

over heating

(1/8) > >>

timmer:
The rad was in the front of the car,  almost laying down there are pics in the thread..  The car is in the garage now I am having the rad moved to the back in the engine bay, there is a lot of room there to put it and raise it above the engine this way it can be filled correctly and not have air pockets in it..  we are leaving the air condition stuff still up front and that way that and the rad would not be competing for cooler air.  I am hoping this is going to work ... will let you know..    with the rad back in the back there are a lot of vents to pull air from and cool the rad with a new fan 3000 cmf fan and shroud

01Lambiero:
Timmer: Where do you fill your cooling system?  Do you have a pressurized purge container?  Where do your radiator hoses connect to the radiator?  What is the highest point in your cooling system that has coolant in it? 

Robert:
Try a mitey mite vacuum pump, and some adaptors. Pull a vacuum to remove air in system.

Digibeam:
Perhaps we should have just that,  a strange anomaly thread...

I know my BMW has a water line that goes to the intake it is for the idle system, while the water running past it is cold the idle is modified accordingly and as it warms up again the idle is compensated.

cmarens:

--- Quote from: Digibeam on May 09, 2014, 05:50:57 PM ---Gotta love the anomalies , I remember once dealing with a car that the battery kept dying new or old,  ends up the upper rad hose was the culprit ...   The spring inside the hose grounded as well positive static in the fluid caused a dielectric situation that shorted the body ground.  It was all very exciting...
But at the same time these situations are kinda not fun when you have zero evidence to support general theories ..   ::K

--- End quote ---

I had a similar issue to that one. A friend in college had an older Blazer that would not start once in a while. When I went over to pull the battery out and put mine in one night to see if it was the battery I heard a very very very faint noise. It was late at night and very quiet outside for a change (lived near college campus) which allowed the culprit to be found. There was some build-up in his steering wheel under the, you guessed it, horn contacts. The horn had almost constant current to it, but not enough to actually hear it under normal conditions. Insanity what one will see if they are around cars long enough. I could make a whole new thread of odd stuff that I have seen and I am sure in hours it would be massive with other's tales.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version