Author Topic: LP640 GTR-FX Roadster  (Read 25291 times)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: LP640 GTR-FX Roadster
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2014, 11:17:45 AM »
Selling something you poured your time and energy into is a difficult thing. I owned a 1971 Chevy Camaro for over 20 years. I bought this car when I was 18, it was a painted rolling chassis. Some friends and I built a 427 for it. During my divorce I sold the drive train to help pay for my lawyer, I ended up selling the car after my divorce. I REGRET SELLING THE CAR!  Chris I thing you will regret selling your Murci to.

Regret is always a risk of change  8)

Change is what I need more than anything right now and this is one of several decisions intended to simplify my life a little and refocus on other and new priorities.  A short term goal (three years or less) is to have a real Gallardo or Murcie sitting in my garage and the money I'm raising from the sell of my project will serve as part of the down payment on that car.

It's all good!   ::thumbup

Chris
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:44:27 AM by No Bull »

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2014, 11:03:30 AM »
Selling something you poured your time and energy into is a difficult thing. I owned a 1971 Chevy Camaro for over 20 years. I bought this car when I was 18, it was a painted rolling chassis. Some friends and I built a 427 for it. During my divorce I sold the drive train to help pay for my lawyer, I ended up selling the car after my divorce. I REGRET SELLING THE CAR!  Chris I think you will regret selling your Murci too.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 02:08:03 AM by Robert »
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2014, 04:23:11 PM »
Thanks Guys!   ::thumbup

Chris

MDMurcy2

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2014, 02:21:56 PM »
Chris, I think if you let it go without finishing it you will definitely regret it.  If its paid for....then just sit on it and work it when you can.   I know exactly what you mean when you say so much has gotten in the way for your progress....Look at mine.  Seems every time I devote time to mine and get moving, something in life comes at me hard and puts me at a dead stop....but I've just decided to work it when I can and enjoy the time.  I know If I give in and sell it, I too will regret it.  So much hard work and time, You just cant lose all of that!  Sooner or later things will line up for you and you will get to enjoy your dream car.   In my opinion, its not going to be how long it takes, but the experiences and memories of the build is whats going to make it special in the end!  Thats the true value of our cars!

Good luck to you in your investment and with your work.
God Bless,
Mitch
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2014, 09:11:46 AM »
Awesome news bud!
Pedro

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2014, 10:45:32 AM »
Ah I've gone over a year without touching mine :) I just tell myself that it will eventually get done and I will have my dream car, even though I don't make as much as a lot of guys here.
I have to say, Chris has helped me get some major parts of John's, leaving him without those parts. I am grateful but I hate to think it resulted in you suffering from it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:13:51 AM by Tallon »

Robert

• Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2014, 11:42:44 PM »
No Bull, this site is the reason I started my build! There is lots of advice when you have a question, and we are all super car guys!
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

6.0nut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 16
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2014, 08:50:04 PM »
Glad you are re thinking it. Give your self a break. This is an awesome hobby and you would hate to see your build pull up next to you at a red light. Don't give up, just give your self a break. Keep on Keeping on.

Texas

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 39
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2014, 08:34:05 PM »
Time off will make you feel better. Glad to see you at least taking some time to think it over. I for one hope you take a breather and then come back hard at it so you can enjoy this project once again. Good luck  ::beers

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2014, 07:50:07 PM »
Many of you have sent me messages or posted notes on my "for sale" postings.  I appreciate the support from each of you and it's more obvious than ever what this site means to many of you.  You have me rethinking my plans of selling everything.  Maybe taking a little time away from everything will do me some good.  I've deleted my for sale posts and I'd decided to sleep on this decision for a while.

Many of  you have asked "why?" therefore I think I owe you an honest answer.  I have a lot going on right now at work and any free time this summer is going towards an investment property that I'm remodeling from the studs up.  This leaves no time to work on my car during the four or five good months that we have here in Ohio.  It's also very frustrating waiting on parts from so many different guys (some parts have been out for over a year now).  I'm practicing what I preach and leaving the details off the site for now and weighing my options for legal action on a couple of them.  I'm second guessing myself and  why I took this project on.  I'm wondering how I've spent so much money on something that still feels so far away with so much more left to spend before completion.  There is a cure for this but the treatment involves extra money, time, good weather or suitable working conditions.  My project is 100% paid for therefore it's not like holding onto everything for another year is going to hurt anything other than possibly more depreciation on the OEM parts.

More to come and thanks guys!

Chris

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2014, 09:50:31 AM »
It really doesn't look too bad, do you think it will take a lot of work to make it fit?

Love the wheels they look awesome ::thumbup
Pedro

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2014, 09:20:30 AM »
Awesome pictures Chris that is one of my wonders of my build how a OE dash would fit! BIG thanks for posting this :notworthy

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2014, 02:24:03 AM »
It also explains why the vents stick out to far on a g28 dash. The OE dash has a nice recessed area for the vent to set in.

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2014, 10:40:35 PM »
A couple new pictures of the Hercules rims on the G28.  Many of you guys have wondered what the size difference is between an OEM dash and a G28 dash and I think these pictures will help answer that.

Chris

Fatboyslim

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
  • Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2014, 08:25:18 PM »
  I knew that car looked familiar! does it have a fiero motor? can you post more pics of the car up close and of the interior, tail/headlights, glass and motor? Can you give me a price for the car just the way it sits i havta admit i watched Robs video of your car at least 50 times  and id love to buy it and fix it up  :drool Im a heating and a/c contractor would you be interested in a beautiful new high effeciency lennox furnace and air conditioner package installed plus cash? (just thot id throw that out there) ::thumbup