How To - Tips > Engine & Transmission

Pontiac F40 Six Speed Manual Conversion

<< < (2/2)

No Bull:
I will be installing a Pontiac F40 six speed manual shift transmission in my Fiero based LP640 roadster build.  I bought a brand new (zero miles) transmission on Ebay for $350 plus $125 shipping from Michigan to Ohio.  My car was originally an automatic so I had to locate a four speed shifter ($75) that will be sent to Archie and reworked for a six speed shift pattern ($150).  The shifter is cable actuated and the clutch assembly (Ebay $75) is hydraulic which requires a Pontiac G6 master cylinder ($90) and a F40 slave cylinder (might be on the transmission).  I also need the hydraulic lines ($160) and modified length shifter cables ($250).  Here is a list of other parts that Archie includes in his kit but might be duplicate or not needed since I'm using the GTP cradle instead of the Fiero cradle:

Stage 3 Clutch set      $350.00
Cobalt SS Intermed. Shaft      $75.00
1996 Camaro V6 Flywheel      $60.00
05 - 07 Cobalt Axles      $100.00

Work hasn't started yet and I'm still collecting parts and waiting for space to open up in my buddies shop and this might not happen until later this winter.  This is a lot of money and time but I think a race inspired roadster with a high revving V6 and six speed manual will be a blast to drive and worth every cent.  ::toothy

More to come..

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version