How To - Tips > Exhaust

180 degree headers

<< < (2/3) > >>

mish022:
SchulzeA   your right after I did some search and talk to the garage
I have to install the turbo in the center of the both bank , I have to join the bank after that installing the turbo

the only thing I want to know : I want 180  degrees to have the sound close to the real car sound
does the turbo effect the sound of the 180 degrees ?

thanks

SchulzeA:
The engine probably won't perform right if you run the turbo off of one bank. One bank would be free flowing while they other is trying to spool up the turbo. You'll want the full exhaust flow feeding the turbo for quicker spool time anyway.

mish022:
SchulzeA   good information thank you

76mx  your right this is the only two options I have if I am going to have the single turbo but I think the first option that I will put the turbo on one side of the headers >>>> I have to double check !

tonypaul  ammm I am still looking for transaxle I have one right now but I want to change for sure next month , please PM if you have transaxle or headers

thank you guys

tonypaul:
What transmission do you have? I have a set of LS1 180 degree headers that came off a sandrail with a Mendeola transmission. 

76mx:
Are you giong to put your single turbo on only one side of your 180 headers, or are you going to plumb your turbo in way back past where the two sides finally totally merge? Seems the second option would stick the turbo out past the rear bumper, but I do not think you will find a set of headers that plumbs a turbo into just one side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version