How To - Tips > Hood - Engine Covers

Pic of the rear deck lid open.

<< < (3/3)

jdinner:
Here are two pics of the mounts I made for my deck lid. (Similar to OEM) I used steel tubing with a plastic sleeve (1/2" Air brake line) and the solid rod slides inside. The brackets are adjustable up and down and a single bolt on the leading edge on each side hold it in place. These two bolts also allow for adjustment.
http://stweb.peelschools.org/sssweb/Progress_Page/Progress_Page_3_files/IMG_0666_1.jpg
http://stweb.peelschools.org/sssweb/Progress_Page/Progress_Page_3_files/IMG_0665_1.jpg

No Bull:
Like IKR said, this is a "fixed" but removable panel on a real Murci and it covers the mufflers therefore it's called a "muffler panel".  I've seen several builders hinge this panel since there is a small trunk in the rear of a Fiero and this panel can give you access to that space.  One very interesting thing that I found was that an OEM panel is a exact replacement for the G28 which means that if you find a reasonably priced OEM panel with spoiler, you can bolt the entire assembly onto your G28 based body.  I had a OEM spoiler that I was going to use with my G28 panel but rather than waste a lot of time and money fabricating that part so it works with the spoiler and is functional, I've ordered a panel from John Watson and I'm going to use my OEM spoiler with that replacement panel to minimize the fabrication (time and money in the bank).

Chris

italianknightrider:
it does not open in the capacity you are thinking ,1 it house the rear wing flap inside the trunk cover ,2 it is a muffler cover that is bolted closed from the inside an for exhaust work you can unbolt it from the inside to expose the muffler an all it tricky exhaust pipes

on the kit cars we use this area to make a rear trunk ....Wow !!  which i like for a duffel bag

notnilc20:
Can anyone find or share a pic of the rear deck lid (not the engine bonnet) open or a vid of it opening on the Murcielago?  I've searched everywhere and can't find one.  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version