Opinions & Reviews > Member Feedback

Received my car from RobLp640

(1/11) > >>

redhammer:
That enzo is replica? Do you happen to have more pictures?

Texas:
As a Boxster builder I almost got offended there for a second! Mike is a great guy and very knowledgable and he made several of these kits completed. I can't seem to find the pics but some if them are around here on the clone. The biggest hurdle with a Boxster is the dash and door area need to be cut down and built/ braced back. All the Boxster builds that I've seen didn't do this. His body was built around those areas and that's where the oddness starts. Bigpines put it well, almost exactly what my reasoning was for going that route, but I searched until I found my car for right at 5k. Not sure I would try to re-do that body. Too much time and money to get that to be able to compete with a G28. Just my thoughts.  ::beers

notnilc20:

--- Quote from: Fatboyslim on July 24, 2014, 12:26:44 PM ---That makes sense why they use the boxter, i guess if they were cheaper more builders would use them? Tallon your pic looks very nice of the murci, does it look not too accurate? I cant tell it looks kinda like a G24?

--- End quote ---

From the pic given it seems the front bumber is more angular than actual, plus the mirrors are sticking up at 10 and 2 o clock (which annoys me). Other than that it looks good. I'm sure there are other differences, but i'm just telling you what i see from this pic.

Tallon:
The g24 was made to look like the original murcie but vetter's was supposed to be an lp640 with the updated bumpers and rockers. To my knowledge I don't think Mike based his off another kit (could be wrong.) Sorry I can't pick a main difference, to me it's the whole thing I'd hate to say. I think the TriangleG G28 was a new and improved body to replace these kits. So basically what you're trying to do has already been done, that's why Rob and others sell g28's and not older kits.

Fatboyslim:
That makes sense why they use the boxter, i guess if they were cheaper more builders would use them? Tallon your pic looks very nice of the murci, does it look not too accurate? I cant tell it looks kinda like a G24?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version