Author Topic: I need a reliable builder.  (Read 4314 times)

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Re: I need a reliable builder.
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2014, 10:55:56 PM »
Actually looking at the post u do know who I am talking about since u posted on his thread. So there u go all ure questions has been answered

solrac

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 10:49:05 PM »
I am sure u know who it is. It's not my business what happen bewteen them nor should I be urs.  But if u really know ure mechanic then u will know who he is and u should be asking. Unless u really don't know ure mechanic then by all means just ask him.

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 10:34:35 PM »
You said "from what I heard about this guy is only bad things".

What did you hear? why can't you be transparent? why not tell us? why do you have to only pm william? and what are the bad things you heard?

Yea?! And your source is RELIABLE? HAS GOOD REPUTATION? MORAL? HAS A CONTRACT THAT WAS VIOLATED? CREDIBLE? AND WHAT TYPE OF CREDIBILITY?

Please answer all that so we learn about your methodology of verifying the truth!

Did you hear a story from both sides? or third parties? did you seek the whole truth?

I am not offended - I am shocked that i let someone like that work on my car!

So tell us what you KNOW (AKA you can back up with facts that are undeniable)

solrac

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 08:44:15 PM »
I actually think that is am33r mechanic. I remember he posted a vid of that guy standing on the to show it wasn't wobbling. Also he likes to built them on mr2 and no fiero.
From what I heard about this guy is only bad things. Pm if u want me to get u in contact with someone who did business with him and got screwed over by rob, and I believe he is up in Stockton , CA

Solrec who did the mechanic I worked with scam? That is impossible!
The guy goes out of his way to help and charges so little for great work! He will do all he can with what you give him - I will take my car out of the garage and post more pics from last year to show his work this coming week.
You might have heard something wrong or unreliable or missing crucial details or just wrong and immoral or someone blaming him for their own short-coming!

William: $25K can make something beautiful out of an MR2, and in so little of a time! Again, once I take my car out I will post pics soon.

Of course in no way am I telling you to go for that mechanic, but you may judge for yourself.  Check my build diary to see the work (the diary is short and simple to follow).
I never said he scammed someone and also I am not 100% sure it is him in that vid. But there is a member here that lives close by to me that is getting a car built by ure mechanic and from what he told me it wasn't that good of a job.
Plz don't get offended I am just putting what I heard.

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 05:09:12 PM »
I actually think that is am33r mechanic. I remember he posted a vid of that guy standing on the to show it wasn't wobbling. Also he likes to built them on mr2 and no fiero.
From what I heard about this guy is only bad things. Pm if u want me to get u in contact with someone who did business with him and got screwed over by rob, and I believe he is up in Stockton , CA

Solrec who did the mechanic I worked with scam? That is impossible!
The guy goes out of his way to help and charges so little for great work! He will do all he can with what you give him - I will take my car out of the garage and post more pics from last year to show his work this coming week.
You might have heard something wrong or unreliable or missing crucial details or just wrong and immoral or someone blaming him for their own short-coming!

William: $25K can make something beautiful out of an MR2, and in so little of a time! Again, once I take my car out I will post pics soon.

Of course in no way am I telling you to go for that mechanic, but you may judge for yourself.  Check my build diary to see the work (the diary is short and simple to follow).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:11:29 PM by am33r »

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 03:28:34 PM »
A successful delivery is nice to hear! And you've got quite some distance from them. Maybe it depends how busy they are.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:30:50 PM by Tallon »

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 11:39:38 AM »
I also bought my body from Jackie..... Sent everything he said he would and it was ready when he said it would be ready, I would look at his videos with a grain of salt, but then, he isn't a builder and by no means the producer of the bodies, but as a business man he sells his product very well and keeps the deal he makes.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 08:08:19 AM »
I've purchased my murcy-2 body from CKI and so have many others. Jackie is a nice guy and will answer your questions but it is still smart to pick up your parts in person because you may end up missing parts or receive a lesser quality body. You get what you pay for though.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 04:32:16 AM »
Yes, they are the real deal! I have not purchased from them but do know that if you buy from them you will get a kit! Also there is a guy in Michigan that I've been told will deliver!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

william

• Liked: 39
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 03:47:16 AM »
Hey Randy thanks for the advice,  I am actually starting to consider that with the amount of feedback I have received on here. Is this website the real deal http://www.carkitinc.com/access.php

Fatboyslim

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
  • Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 12:25:58 AM »
William, my name is randy i was in your exact position when i first started looking to find a builder. Do yourself a favor, go back and look at a reply on this thread from a guy named tallon, he gave you great advice that you should listen to and that is to build your own. Its fun and you learn as you go with help from this forum along the way. Your odds of getting scammed if you look for a builder are VERY high. Roblp640 in arizona burned me for $53,000. thought you should know this. Either build your own or buy a car thats partially built as i did and take over from there. If you have no time to build then buy a car thats already built. Just dont hire anyone to build you a car or else we will all be saying "told you so". that green Diablo from Timmer looks like a great deal i also have a Diablo and a lp640 for sale for the same price. Pm me if you want to see pics. Just be careful and read all these threads you will be glad you did.  ::thumbup
                        Randy
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:28:51 AM by Fatboyslim »

william

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 06:46:06 PM »
Rob Stuart is supposedly in Missouri

william

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 06:44:44 PM »
Thanks everyone for the heads up and looking out for me to make sure I don't get scammed, I talked to robslp640 he claimed everyone is haters trying to take his buisness. But I'm with you guys on this one,  definitely somethings not right. I spoke to another rob who I was supposed to be doing business with, his name is Rob Stuart.  Does anyone know anything about this Rob? This rob referenced me to a guy named Mike Vetter. When I asked Mike about both robs, he said LP rob is definitely a scam and but other rob isn't too reliable either. So anybody know this Rob Stuart guy? Sometimes goes by Anthony

solrac

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 04:25:53 PM »
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:28:36 PM by solrac »

Jadams

• Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 04:11:38 PM »
Robslp640 is a complete scammer don't BUY even if you go meet him. He scammed me please see my "Vendor Feedback"! PLEASE DONT TRUST ROBslp640