Misc. Tech Drawings / Manuals > New Ideas / Concepts

USING 3D-MODELS FROM VIDEO GAMES ETC. TO PRODUCE KITS

(1/4) > >>

BigPines:
Yep, you've hit on the important issue - cost. There is a large setup cost for custom glass which has to be endured by every customer of the kit separately unless the kit manufacturer takes care of this for all his customers. As I said earlier...

--- Quote from: BigPines on October 05, 2014, 10:04:21 AM ---Robert, you bring up a good point. Although I prefer some kind of off-the-shelf glass, custom glass is a totally acceptable solution. Again, it should be considered from the beginning. I believe in this case, the manufacturer of the body should also manufacture the glass to take advantage of the economies of scale. It doesn't make sense for each individual builder to have to arrange to have custom glass made.

--- End quote ---

Tantukka:
Buying a custom made windshield from a company who produce them is not too expensive, at least not in here (Finland). Ok, the "mold" frame cost 1000€ maximum, after that windshields are something like 500€/pcs, side glasses around 200€. And these windshields are approved in whole Europe. So I recommend to call in local windshield manufacturing places,but not the biggest ones as they have huge MOQ.

Rob James:

--- Quote from: plans4sale on November 02, 2014, 05:05:40 AM --- In my opinion, figuring out proper glasses for a newly created kit must be done in the initial stage of the development. This also applies to any parts that may be way too difficult or even impossible to locate by the customer himself, or ones that will require heavy alteration of the body kit.
--- End quote ---
This is exactly where I'm coming from, I want to do my research and be able to source everything to finish it off. I can just imagine how horrific it would be to do all the work, then realize you can't get a windshield or reasonable replica taillights. I mean it would be so infuriating to me.

--- Quote from: 76mx on November 02, 2014, 10:25:30 AM ---Rob,
   If you have to go to your Plan "B", I have Reventon molds. You are correct to do your homework and I will be glad to answer all of your questions, just do not ask what windshield fits a Reventon.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the offer of help 76mx, it's truly appreciated, and Lord knows I'm going to need a lot of it. To me the Reventon is a very viable option, I love it's body look, second only to the Aventador. To my layman's eye they almost seem identical, front and rear-ends, taillights etc. Where they seem to deviate is the large side vent on the Aventador, correct me if I'm wrong? I do have so many beginner questions it's crazy! But I'll have to start a post about that and not go off track in this thread.

76mx:
Rob,
   If you have to go to your Plan "B", I have Reventon molds. You are correct to do your homework and I will be glad to answer all of your questions, just do not ask what windshield fits a Reventon.

Tallon:
The G28 had to be altered slightly because not all bodies come out of the mold the same, it was still designed to use the basic size and shape/curvature of the windshield so I doubt any other windshield could have just as easily been fitted...
and if you alter it too much how would that affect the rest of the car

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version