Author Topic: aventador replica roaster convertible on the street  (Read 93424 times)

Bartman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 23
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: aventador replica roaster convertible on the street
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2015, 08:52:47 AM »
I don't how much has changed in 3-4 years.  PODS does have some competition now such as Pack Rat.  Anyway I tried the PDS approach maybe 4-5 years ago to ship some molds from mid west to South Carolina.  I did truck freight for 1/4 the money.  Not the advantage is having the container to load and lock, but what's it worth?  And again, with some competition, maybe the price has gotten better.  If I remember the "shipping" as cheap.  The container fee, the per day fee, this fee and that fee.  Next thing I knew it was approaching a 7-800 bucks.

76mx

• Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2015, 05:49:07 PM »
My God, Charley you truly are a wealth of information! As an alternative, this is what I had in mind. Tell me if I'm crazy? I've been looking into PODS http://www.pods.com/canada/Moving.aspx as a possible method of shipping. This allows me to go to Calexico and ensure contents before locking the container, and having it shipped here. These PODS containers are larger than the average car, and I was thinking it might be viable alternative, if it's just a crazy pipe dream, please let me know? The point being, they would only charge for the weight of the goods, not the container, providing I secured it properly in place. This is only an alternative I'm exploring, yours sounds like it may be the way to go. Any feedback greatfully accepted.

Rob,  ::beers

thats a domestic service. even if it was international, i would bet it would be much more expensive than your average freight company.

Now we have a starting point of $283. I have taken the bet so find a shipper that makes this "Much more expensive". One around $150-$175 should do it. I am waiting for your certain answer. How about we make the bet $107?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 09:04:34 PM by 76mx »

Rob James

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2015, 04:24:02 PM »
JFAlbino, thank you for the detailed information. I did contact PODS and they are a "no go" in this situation. I tried Charley's advice, and got a quote from Freightquote. They were $283.77 USD from Calexico to my garage on the West Coast of Canada. I consider it a very good quote. So ya, like you said.............on to the next question.

jfalbino

• Liked: 12
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2015, 03:46:59 PM »
Actual lambos dims
Aventador L-188.19"/15.6825'/4780mm
W-with mirrors- 89.17"/7.43083'/2265mm
W-w/o mirrors-79.92"/6.66'/2030mm

Murcielago
L-180"/15'/4572mm
W-81"/6.75'/2057mm

Diablo
L-175.28"/14.6'/4460mm
W-80.17"/6.68'/2040mm

Dimensions are pretty close so round up.

PODS come in 3 sizes:
7'x7'x8'
12'x8'x8'
16'x8'x8'

Its obvious that at max dims, the latter would be needed. You can now call PODS and get a quote on shipping, or check online. No arguments needed, question answered, onto next question. It took me 5 minutes to get that info. I would have offered shipping amounts, but alas, one needs to and from zip codes.

Rob James

« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2015, 03:21:41 PM »
Gentlemen, I really don't want to add fuel to the fire. I was just looking into alternatives for shipping. It always pays to do one's due diligence. I got a really good quote from your recommendation, Freightquote, and I sent you a PM thanking you for the excellent advice. So thanks Charley, it's truly appreciated!

76mx

« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2015, 03:00:37 PM »
Rob,
   I have given you a great deal of info that as of now there is no debate on. Ncrazy has given you two pieces. One he has recanted himself and now the second is quickly falling apart. Do you need me to score that for you? While we are scoring things, how would you score idiot v. narcissist?

76mx

« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2015, 02:28:49 PM »
No, I am not bitter at all. Rather, as I have already explained, I find your constant posts following mine to be amusing and at the same time sad. I do not consider myself a narcissist, silly me just thought that if you respond to something, and it has my name specifically quoted in that response, it might be a response to me. Rather than try to carry on a logical debate and ask who you were responding to, let me reply with something you might understand. "I know you are but what am I?" 

INSPIREcomposite (BANNED)

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 108
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2015, 12:31:48 PM »
Inspire,
   So you chimed in with the fact that it was domestic service only, then only after being called on it you checked your facts and found it was not. And now you will bet it is more expensive. Have you checked your facts on that statement? I will take that bet. Get a quote from them and find a better one. Try Rob's pod idea while you are at it. What is wrong with you? Even if I do not win this bet, it would be worth paying it to get you to do Rob's homework for him.
   Hopefully when I take the time to offer help it is useful, not something blurted out with no thought or credibility. For what it is worth, Freightquote is not a freight company so they cannot possibly be higher priced than the average freight company. They are a broker just like Travelocity, they shop all the freight companys to get the best quote. Inspire, why do you feel the need to answer every single post that I make on every Forum with an idiotic reply?

wow, are you bitter much? and was i responding to you? or are you really that much of a narcissist to think that i was?

76mx

« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2015, 09:30:14 AM »
Inspire,
   So you chimed in with the fact that it was domestic service only, then only after being called on it you checked your facts and found it was not. And now you will bet it is more expensive. Have you checked your facts on that statement? I will take that bet. Get a quote from them and find a better one. Try Rob's pod idea while you are at it. What is wrong with you? Even if I do not win this bet, it would be worth paying it to get you to do Rob's homework for him.
   Hopefully when I take the time to offer help it is useful, not something blurted out with no thought or credibility. For what it is worth, Freightquote is not a freight company so they cannot possibly be higher priced than the average freight company. They are a broker just like Travelocity, they shop all the freight companys to get the best quote. Inspire, why do you feel the need to answer every single post that I make on every Forum with an idiotic reply?

« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2015, 06:40:41 AM »
I do appreciate you chiming in Inspire, but just to be clear, their Services do cover USA and Canadian destinations. I'm merely trying to find the BEST and most secure method, that is cost effective.

I called them, they do do moving from US to Canada.

Rob James

« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2015, 12:06:53 AM »
I do appreciate you chiming in Inspire, but just to be clear, their Services do cover USA and Canadian destinations. I'm merely trying to find the BEST and most secure method, that is cost effective.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:14:54 AM by Rob James »

« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2015, 11:27:51 PM »
My God, Charley you truly are a wealth of information! As an alternative, this is what I had in mind. Tell me if I'm crazy? I've been looking into PODS http://www.pods.com/canada/Moving.aspx as a possible method of shipping. This allows me to go to Calexico and ensure contents before locking the container, and having it shipped here. These PODS containers are larger than the average car, and I was thinking it might be viable alternative, if it's just a crazy pipe dream, please let me know? The point being, they would only charge for the weight of the goods, not the container, providing I secured it properly in place. This is only an alternative I'm exploring, yours sounds like it may be the way to go. Any feedback greatfully accepted.

thats a domestic service. even if it was international, i would bet it would be much more expensive than your average freight company.

Rob James

« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2015, 11:13:23 PM »
My God, Charley you truly are a wealth of information! As an alternative, this is what I had in mind. Tell me if I'm crazy? I've been looking into PODS http://www.pods.com/canada/Moving.aspx as a possible method of shipping. This allows me to go to Calexico and ensure contents before locking the container, and having it shipped here. These PODS containers are larger than the average car, and I was thinking it might be a viable alternative, if it's just a crazy pipe dream, please let me know? The point being, they would only charge for the weight of the goods, not the container, providing I secured it properly in place. This is only an alternative I'm exploring, yours sounds like it may be the way to go. Any feedback gratefully accepted.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:16:01 AM by Rob James »

76mx

« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2015, 10:50:04 PM »
That is 250lbs, figure 600 total by the time it is crated. They are not going to ship 14 feet long by 6 feet wide by 3 feet tall for the 600 pound price. Freightquote is 800-323-5411, talk to Deonte at x1420 and tell him I sent you and use my freight class. His direct number is 816-949-6021. Use these numbers for size and weight and you will also need both zip codes to get a quote. If there is an issue getting you in their system for a quote, tell them it is for SRInc.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:53:15 PM by 76mx »

aventcar

• Liked: 214
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2015, 07:33:31 PM »
Carlos, I'd like to get an accurate measurement of weight, as well. PM me, if you don't want to leave that information in this thread. Thanks!!

Hi Rob James you fortune taller, this day get the  total wiight for my complete kit of my body with all black separately parts: 106.8 kilos  ,you need to change in pounds.