Author Topic: SuperBass / Ventador Replica doors & hinges  (Read 2184 times)

Marcoavent

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 7
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: SuperBass / Ventador Replica doors & hinges
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 05:45:57 AM »
I agree with you 100%, the thing with a true replica is you can't just create a perfect body and interior, your chassis, suspension and engine are just as important and that's where I am starting.

I'm first building the monocoque and chassis in doing this I won't have the door jam issue as they are part of the monocoque. I'm going to print the doors so they'll fit perfectly, it also makes the interior allot easier to fit.

I'll probably still buy the body from someone on this site as I think you guys are very very close to perfect and it will save me allot of time although cost is always an issue.

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 12:57:14 PM »
Our focus is to have a Car Body look accurate coming towards you ,on the street ,the FRONT. it,s the most crucial piece of the puzzle ,if the hood and bumper are off , then it will be considered a look-a-like.the doors opening correctly also reflect how the inner door is fitted to the body. the Eddie kit had no door jams ,it,s clear that this is a very important area of construction of the body kit , fitting together properly. If you find a kit with NO door jam / sill plates ,it,s the first sign that it was not important from the beginning & you the customer will spend hours fabricating , fiberglassing, building props to make one ,or it come with a make shift Micky mouse contraption that does not fit.   
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 12:50:50 AM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

Marcoavent

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 12:21:27 PM »
Their are so many hinge kits on the market that works well but, I think it is crucial that you get the doors to open with an remote + push button start the car like the original

italianknightrider

• IKR
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 11:49:15 AM »
we have found a nice donor with the electronic,s to open the doors, a remote door opener would do the same job as the original ,not sure what the other Kits are using for hinges.   

[/URL] SuperBass starter button
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 12:58:42 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

Marcoavent

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 09:03:42 AM »
Looks good, are you going to make them to open automatically with the key like the original does ?

italianknightrider

• IKR
SuperBass / Ventador Replica doors & hinges
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 07:08:18 PM »

11 pr made

oil lite bushing ,heavy duty hinge design ,base mounting plate is on a angle to offset lift & outward movement at the same time , we will build a pair of doors over the next month or so ,with power windows. One of the members here will start a build diary ,well i will open it and he will update the build.Please be patient because this is going to be a "new" chapter for this type of build ,his talent & engineering is going to blow some minds over the next 6 months. ::thumbup :LL: our doors are separate from the body ,not like the paper mache body kits which are look a likes not replica,s !! 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 08:43:12 PM by italianknightrider »