Author Topic: Murci Camaro Donor????  (Read 2648 times)

nickmkk

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • Cloquet, MN
Re: Murci Camaro Donor????
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 06:53:15 PM »
4th gen's are terrible cars. youll spend more money trying to correct the issues they come with than you would building a tube chassis...

I agree that they are a terrible donor for a kit car but generally speaking what makes them a terrible car? Just curious about your thoughts, I own a 95 Trans am which I've had since my high school days.

Simple Man

• Trade Count: (0)

srd1

• Liked: 9
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 04:37:52 AM »
One of the main things I like is the fact I wont have to spend 15 grand on a tranny that will take 600+ horsepower. Not to mention theres a ton of aftermarket support for the camaro. suspension motor tranny and so on
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 05:12:41 AM by srd1 »

VF1Skullangel

• Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 02:50:18 AM »
4th gen's are terrible cars. youll spend more money trying to correct the issues they come with than you would building a tube chassis...

Footcutter

• Liked: 142
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 3D car printing
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 08:31:45 PM »
That is what I am doing.  ::headbang

srd1

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 06:59:47 PM »
Im thinking of just building a bad butt custom car more focus on fast fun to drive, less focuse on it being "correct" or people thinking its a merci. No badging nothing that says Lamborghini  just Lamborghini inspired. I know thats prob sacrilege on this site but i think it would be fun to do a build thats not restrictive.

Neils88

• Liked: 134
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 04:23:03 PM »
That sounds like you are referring to the Mercy 4 kit from Car Kit Inc. Those aren't made anymore but there are probably a few unfinished projects floating around. It wasn't a great replica though. In order to use the front-engine-mounted Camaro the front fenders are made higher. The lines are horrible as a result. The thought was that it would be a quicker build, starting with a decent engine. In reality, it's just as much work, with no way to ever get it to look right.

srd1

Murci Camaro Donor????
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 03:31:46 PM »
Anyone have any info on these? Supposed to be a mid 90s to early 2000 camaro I believe.