Build Diaries > Murcielago

Mike's LP 670 build

<< < (2/39) > >>

lp670mike:
Here it is glassed up and with the wood removed.
I still need to reinforce the window flanges some and do a bunch
of body work. But all and all I am happy with it.

lp670mike:
So this is the current project I am working on.
I started modifying this stock murcielago engine lid years ago and got so far with it and moved on to other things.
Now I am back on it since I recently got all the hardware to mount it. I started by doing some trimming to the underside to get it close to the shape.
Then I grafted on the underside pieces from a badly warped FGP 670 engine lid I got that I wasn't happy with. I used these pieces because they had all the factory mounting points. Then I made window bucks out of 3/4" plywood and covered them in package tape so the fiberglass wouldn't stick to them. This will create the window wells. Next all of the details were added with dry floral foam, which will not get distorted or melted with polyester resin. The foam can be found at any craft store. After that a whole bunch of fiberglassing..........

lp670mike:
While I was working on the Cabin area I decided to roll some 1/2"x1/2" tube and beef up the roof tubes.
There was a small amount of flex that I didn't care for. This seemed to do the trick. ::thumbup

lp670mike:
some more pics of how it came together

lp670mike:
Another more recent project that I tackled was building the rear fire wall area.
Since my body came with the factory quarter window pockets and rear window area. It pretty much
forces you to build a new firewall in the factory location. So I decided to use this opportunity to add in some
roll over protection, god forbid I ever need it. I started by making some torque boxes and attaching them to the unibody, then started to
tube frame everything. the uprights are .120"wall and the triangulation tubes are .083 wall"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version