How To - Tips > Frame

Pros & Cons between using a Fiero or MR2 for an OEM Murci Build?

<< < (2/3) > >>

lambo_sam:
IMO
Pro: Fiero, a ready made wide track suspension system has been created.
Pro: Fiero, easily upgradeable braking system available.
Pro: Fiero, you don't need to do anything to the floor pan, just cut and push forward the original firewall so it's straight up and re-weld. lines right up with the rear window area of the body.
Pro: Fiero, alot of the electrical is set up like real lambo, very easy to convert switches, gages, lighting etc...
Pro: Fiero, you can drop multiple engines or trannys you want in it with simple mods.
Pro: Fiero, there's even more leg room than in the real lambo. not sure about MR2

Im happy with the fiero
Just my .02

italianknightrider:
the top of the fenders leading to the smaller windscreen area is one place 2" - 3" an the side of the rear bumper is 1.5" to long on the side to compensate for the wheelbase move forward ,that s why its a 10.5" stretch

LamboJayso:

--- Quote from: Tallon on August 30, 2012, 05:17:36 PM ---Why do they have to be stretched inside the cabin?

Con would be the rear window/firewall is much further back than oem. I would think even more so if stretched inside the cabin, but either way.

--- End quote ---
2 Things:
1.Well, the Fiero may not have to be stretched inside the cabin for an OEM build, just saying in the event it would be to solve that far back dash & seating look or would it even make a difference where it's stretched?
2. If it were stretched inside the cabin though, it wouldn't be a big deal to relocate the seats forward and create a new back wall directly behind the seats. Essentially, that gap that's between the engine & cabin on a normal stretched Fiero would now be inside the cabin.

Tallon, you may know, could this be the reason why the doors were shortened on the G28 in the first place, to avoid that far back dash & seating issue? I know from having to shorten the OEM door panels on my first build, the doors are approximately 2.5" shorter.

Since the doors are about 2.5" shorter on the G28, then where was it lengthened to compensate for the shorter doors, in the front clip/dash area or quarter panel/rear clip? The wheelbase is only 1" shorter on a G28 build than it is on the OEM car, so something had to be done to compensate for the 2.5" shorter doors.

dratts:
My G28 was stretched behind the cabin.  I think all Fiero Lambos are.

Tallon:
Why do they have to be stretched inside the cabin?

Con would be the rear window/firewall is much further back than oem. I would think even more so if stretched inside the cabin, but either way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version