The Forum > Events & Shows

Carlisle Kit Nationals -2016 May 13,14,15

(1/4) > >>

eddie:
yeah here in Canada rice thingy died, kids driving luxury cars now days, maybe it has to do with that HIP hop they'r listening and gansta wanna be. ::zzzzz

Tusabes:
Young guys aren't into it because you can finance a new amg Mercedes with zero down- they have nothing saved up and just able to make the monthly payments

Building a kit car you need lots of cash saved up, otherwise you run out of money, have a garage full of non running junk parts, then abandon your build and sell at a huge loss like 90%+ of people who start

lambo_sam:
Hey Eddie, I'm in my 40's...lol, I was more referring to the early 30's and 20's guys out there, they are more in the import tuner craze than ever before, The fast and furious series in my opinion has made a huge influence, its just easier and less expensive to trick out existing cars than building one.

And getting back to the replica industry most are shut down like naerc, ifg, top gun, triangle g, d&r etc.... so that kills the enthusiast. 

sorry hope I'm not taking this topic off course

eddie:
 you could be right Sam, I noticed the 40's  guys are more in to high end cars like AMG and M beemers etc. maybe have no patience to spend years in garage and want to drive it now.

lambo_sam:
Myself and two other local lambo builders attended the sylmar a.k.a. AHA replica car show that just past, We didn't take our cars though, it has really decreased in attendance since the days at knotts, and I think for a couple of reasons, For one the lack of passion in wanting to build a replica as the next generation behind us is just not that interested. And two the legal force in shutting down businesses that were producing the replica kits like lambos and ferraris etc..  Just my .02

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version