Author Topic: Aventador kit on a boxter  (Read 3640 times)

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
Re: Aventador kit on a boxter
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 12:22:08 PM »
The boxster, and just about any other car is too short and too narrow .  So someone will need to cut and stretch the chassis and that means metal and wiring fabrication

It will also need to be widened to fit the Lambo body so that means wider suspension or huge spacers on the wheels

There are only a few kit cars where you can basically fit a new fiberglass body over the original car metal body , without stretching the chassis.  The Bentley replica was one of them and even that car required some cutting of the original metal body

madmods

• Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 12:45:41 AM »
Peter, your going to have to stretch the Porsche. I have two boxster based kits. One is an LP640 and the other is the Carrera gt. Interesting one is stretched directly behind the driver and the other is stretched before the motor. The one stretched at the motor gives me more room to work on the motor, but I think stretching in the cab is easier. Boxster offers some advantages, great brakes, easy to swap in 911 motors, airbags and huge aftermarket. I used my Carrera gt for my daily driver rain or shine for two years. I don't have a roof for my lambo
Keep dreaming-I'm sweating, glassing, welding and building every night!
Gagliardi Vendetta
Vetter Carrera Gt
Vetter Lp 640

PSENDLES

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 12:42:32 AM »
Thank you for your response , I think a lot of research is required before I jump into a project

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 07:04:32 PM »
Hi I am new to kit cars , i am thinking of using a Porsche boxter instead of going all out with chassis etc, as I am looking at the convertible aventador kit from Carlos do you remove the wings etc or put fibreglass body straight on top ? Regards Peter

Peter, do you have any idea what you are getting into?  There is NOTHING kit about "kit cars"!
You get a fiberglass body that looks like a Lamborghini and YOU have to build a car under it.
From previous builders, the Porsche is too narrow to be used as a donor car.  Trying to extend the wheels out to the width of the body is very difficult.  So much so that it is impractical.
Converting a Fiero has been done but it is also a lot of work stretching the chassis and it has to be done correctly or your car will be bent in the middle or the wheelbase will be wrong or any number of problems will show up during construction.
You could buy a chassis from someone who builds them and YOU will still have to adapt it to your body.
You must have a lot of mechanical and body tools as well as shop tools such as a welder and air compressor with air tools.
You will need to be well versed in all forms of design and construction because these cars are ALL CUSTOM BUILT to what you want.  NOTHING IS KIT.
Don't expect to be finished in months.  Figure in years.
You will find yourself caught up is "everything has to be authentic Lamborghini" to the point of ridiculous.  For example: I have four Lamborghini emblems on my engine cover that cost about $50 each.  That is $200 just for emblems that do nothing.  You will find yourself spending so much money chasing that exactness you will end up with a car that costs way more than you planned and not be worth that much when done.  That is IF you finish.  The saying is only 3 percent of those who start one of these ever finished.  That is why you see so many unfinished projects for sale.  Will yours be one of those?
Think long and hard before you start.  It will cost a lot of time and money and hard work.
You are not building a toy.
If you decide to build, this is the place to ask everyone here your questions if you need help.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

aventcar

• Liked: 214
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 05:57:33 PM »
Hi PSENDLES , you need to remove some parts of the porsche body , and have the boxter and aventador body in the same place to compare measurements. ;)

PSENDLES

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Aventador kit on a boxter
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 02:54:19 PM »
Hi I am new to kit cars , i am thinking of using a Porsche boxter instead of going all out with chassis etc, as I am looking at the convertible aventador kit from Carlos do you remove the wings etc or put fibreglass body straight on top ? Regards Peter