Author Topic: Can somebody please help me re diablo roadster build got questions  (Read 7243 times)

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
Re: Can somebody please help me re diablo roadster build got questions
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 10:47:08 AM »
I can not comment on the reworking of the BMW v12's ecu's other than it almost seems more trouble than its worth. I have a BMW 850 and from looking at the wiring on that car there is no way I would use the factory BMW harness for a swap.

I would go with a stand alone like Megasquirt, and use cable driven throttle bodies.

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 285
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 04:57:42 AM »
 Jim had his  rads custom build. not using fly by wire pedal, I thing he mods the throttle for mechanical, It's been a while since I've seen , I could be wrong

ProjectX

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 01:27:39 AM »
Thank you again for the reply and thank you for that info its funny you mentioned that i actually did have a look at that link and its really helpful i actually did send email to Jim Dinner  however still no reply as per below im not sure if he has another email address  :( you are so lucky you got the actually cd! i hope he will reply back to me so i can buy it.

"09/24/2015 09:20 AM
To:

This message was sent with High importance.
Hi

I understand you are busy however i was wondering if you could spare few minutes to help me out , im building a Lamborghini replica on tube chassis and using 1998 bmw v12 750IL with audi gearbox

My questions is

1) what type of radiators were you using ? were they 2 core 3 core and with side in/out serial or parallel and what brand ?
2) if your build cd is also showing the rewire of the engine ect and what would be the best way to buy it ?

Any help would be highly appreciated "

I will try to find out another way to contact him and try to figure this out :(

Again i really appreciated you help and if anybody else is able to place any info would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 08:29:17 PM by ProjectX »

Graeme Stebbing

• Liked: 30
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 12:21:24 AM »
This is a list of the stuff you need to save http://www.kitcentral.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=7321&sid=6021a3f3d0dc2bb84f8a2b959d3eaf13
I would ask Jim Dinner over there he will know all about rads and computers etc best thing you could do is buy his detailed cd its a download best $50 I ever spent suits the m70 or download this pdf http://www.v12diablo.co.uk/resources/BMW%20V12%20Using%20OEM%20ECU%27s.pdf
lots on good info on simons pagehttp://www.v12diablo.co.uk/

ProjectX

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 10:38:09 PM »
Hi Thank you so much for the info i really appreciated :)

Q) "As far as the accelerator pedal, are you using the BMW's V12 DBW dual throttle bodies setup if so what engine mangement are you using?"[/i]

A) Im using the normal , i got the whole engine and parts with the ECU's and wiring fuel pumps ect however i didn't realize that its using electronic accelerator pedal  im not even shore where that gets plugged in.... ive seen two types so far one looks more mechanical with side accelerator   and other one is just a plastic pedal with a piston in between.

Thank you for the pic it shows really clearly how to set it up , im having a bit of problems finding the radiator with the same dimensions( around 450mm x 450mm or around 18inch via 18inch)  3 core that has one side in/out left and other side in/out right same as in the pic , i can usually only find one sided in and out.

I will double check Griffin again maybe i will get lucky however if you have a link where you got yours from  that would be appreciated .

Ps regarding the pedal im not sure which one i need as there are two types im pics below

Again i really appreciate  the help and information thank you

tonypaul

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 07:34:42 PM »
Hi
I was wondering if you could please  help me.

im building a a diablo roadster and i have a bmw v12 1999 engine , my question are;

1) what type of radiators would i need 3 core or 2 core? and also if somebody can show me brand name and configuration to connected at the back

( i can't seem to find two opposite radiators to have in out right and in out left )

2) i need accelerator pedal and im not sure what dose it look like and what connections do i need to plug it in.

There are few more questions i have however those are the important one for now.

Thank you so much for any help or tips  its highly appreciated thank you

As far as the accelerator pedal, are you using the BMW's V12 DBW dual throttle bodies setup if so what engine mangement are you using?

tonypaul

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 07:30:44 PM »
I would suggest get the best radiators and electric fans you can get. I run 2- 3 core Griffen rads with Spal fans. I have a turbo LS motor that puts off a little more heat so I also have a 3rd rad (really a heat exchanger for intercoolers) between my engine and the rear cabin firewall. It runs off my engine heater ports during the summer months.

The image below is a sbc but its give you an idea on how you can run it. Some run their coolant lines in a parallel setup (like below) while others have done 2 in 1 return type of setup.

ProjectX

Can somebody please help me re diablo roadster build got questions
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 07:03:26 PM »
Hi
I was wondering if you could please  help me.

im building a a diablo roadster and i have a bmw v12 1999 engine , my question are;

1) what type of radiators would i need 3 core or 2 core? and also if somebody can show me brand name and configuration to connected at the back

( i can't seem to find two opposite radiators to have in out right and in out left )

2) i need accelerator pedal and im not sure what dose it look like and what connections do i need to plug it in.

There are few more questions i have however those are the important one for now.

Thank you so much for any help or tips  its highly appreciated thank you