How To - Tips > Glass

cutting my own windshield

(1/5) > >>

cliffmartinez:
how did the cutting go?

SchulzeA:
I've cut glass with diamond router bits. It works ok. I found the best method is cutting the part slightly oversized and then do a cleanup pass. And lots of water on the cutter to keep heat down and the chips washed out. Good luck!

minihawn:

--- Quote from: drumseven on November 17, 2015, 02:12:43 PM ---Nice work mini hawk, i been going to attempt it as well,mercury villager looks like it might work cut down ,were did u pick up your cutting tool?

--- End quote ---

Thank u!, I'm sure u will be fine.. let me know how its going.. ill help anyway i can ::salute

minihawn:

--- Quote from: SchulzeA on November 17, 2015, 02:08:08 PM ---Thanks for letting people know what you used to cut the glass. This is a very helpful thread for others.

--- End quote ---

just regular $4 dollar diamond cutter from lowes/home depot/harbor fright . the value is not in the tool but in the person. with a little practice I'm sure u can all so it.. remember . this was my first time.. ::beers

drumseven:
Nice work mini hawk, i been going to attempt it as well,mercury villager looks like it might work cut down ,were did u pick up your cutting tool?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version