How To - Tips > Glass

**Questions about plexiglass

(1/4) > >>

minihawn:

--- Quote from: Mudman on November 25, 2015, 08:43:44 AM ---I have used mar guard lexan for windows there ok but I keep striving to put the real thing in it but finding the real part is vary hard to find as well as costly. I'm on a new mission to have functional windows next project !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
thank u. so do they look like real glass? i mean is it vary noticeable that its not glass
?

Mudman:
I have used mar guard lexan for windows there ok but I keep striving to put the real thing in it but finding the real part is vary hard to find as well as costly. I'm on a new mission to have functional windows next project !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robert:

--- Quote from: Bartman on November 17, 2015, 08:02:34 AM ---Acrylic and poly got bad reputations mostly because people bought them too thin.  Every window in a airplane, from a small plane to a commercial jet liner is polycabonate.  They do scratch easier than glass of course but that's the only real down side.  If you are dealing with custom glass, you could afford to change them out when they get scratched many times and still be ahead of getting custom glass made.  There are at least 2 polycarbonate auto glass makers making a mark in the industry as well.

--- End quote ---
Believe it or not, you can polish minor scratches out of the poly carbonate. 3M #1 compound, 3m #2 glaze polish. Works well. These are for wheeling automotive paint.

76mx:
Whatever you do, make sure you get the green tinted one. If not, it will absolutely look like cheap plastic.

minihawn:
For being specific and concise I will definitely keep updates here very soon on the progress I'm actually headed to the garage right now to work on the window frame . Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version