How To - Tips > Heating and Cooling

**A/C in My fiero

(1/3) > >>

AdrianBurton:
76,'
I didnt have any issues getting mine in, and we've installed them in Fiero's also.  But as we both know, the more room you have the better.

minihawn:

--- Quote from: 76mx on November 19, 2015, 03:50:09 PM ---AB,
   Yes but the Old Air unit is only 12" wide (x8-1/2"x11"). With the cab forward design of these cars, along with the front fenderwell so prominent under the dash, I find it almost tight to get this 12" one in (insert joke). Seriously, if the Mini at 19" is mounted in the typical location on the passenger side outside of the transmission tunnel, that is 19+" on each side plus the 8"-9" for the tunnel. There needs to be 48" or more between the wheelwells in order for it to fit and I am not aware of any constructions that provide that. In all of the ones that I am familiar with, a 38" width seems to be the norm.

--- End quote ---

Hmmm... ::scratch

76mx:
AB,
   Yes but the Old Air unit is only 12" wide (x8-1/2"x11"). With the cab forward design of these cars, along with the front fenderwell so prominent under the dash, I find it almost tight to get this 12" one in (insert joke). Seriously, if the Mini at 19" is mounted in the typical location on the passenger side outside of the transmission tunnel, that is 19+" on each side plus the 8"-9" for the tunnel. There needs to be 48" or more between the wheelwells in order for it to fit and I am not aware of any constructions that provide that. In all of the ones that I am familiar with, a 38" width seems to be the norm. 

minihawn:

--- Quote from: AdrianBurton on November 19, 2015, 03:19:23 PM ---the mini is 7.3 X 9 X 19

--- End quote ---

think i may go with this one. looks like an st8 forward  install

AdrianBurton:
the mini is 7.3 X 9 X 19

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version