Author Topic: Chupacabra  (Read 4010 times)

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
Re: Chupacabra
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 01:00:58 AM »
Eddie and Rob,
   Thank you for your kind words. The under $100,000 price quoted is for turnkeys, A body kit, all the glass, and an aluminum monocoque chassis is $18,000. All the rest is mail order bolt on. I have been approached by a very influential man about an EV and/or alternate fuel version, and I am not opposed to it, but here is my problem. I have spent the last several years putting together the cookie cutter for this and now that I finally have it, I would like to use it for a little while before having to reinvent it. Sales are good already, some corporate group buys too, but I have become exactly what I have despised for the last 30 years, someone that shows an artist drawing and says to send a lot of money.
That is freaking beautiful!
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 11:45:58 AM »
Mhot and Notnilc,
   Again, thank you. The interior design is complete but only in AutoCAD files right now. I am very pleased with the style of it, the seats and shifter boot are the only upholstered parts in it, everything else is carbon fiber (included in the price of the body package). Right now the lead time is 2017 because of sales and that I am still a one man shop. I do not want to get back to eight full time employees building cars, like I had at Fast Lane Engineering, and this project would never support that anyway, but once organized production starts the lead time will lessen even with additional orders. 

mhotmarkx1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 9
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 07:33:10 AM »
 ::bounce
That is absolutely impressive and gorgeous. She is an awesome looking car.
Any interior shots?
What is the turnaround time for a turnkey?

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 12:47:52 AM »
I love this design. Can't wait to see this being produced.

76mx

• Liked: 358
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 09:16:51 PM »
Eddie and Rob,
   Thank you for your kind words. The under $100,000 price quoted is for turnkeys, A body kit, all the glass, and an aluminum monocoque chassis is $18,000. All the rest is mail order bolt on. I have been approached by a very influential man about an EV and/or alternate fuel version, and I am not opposed to it, but here is my problem. I have spent the last several years putting together the cookie cutter for this and now that I finally have it, I would like to use it for a little while before having to reinvent it. Sales are good already, some corporate group buys too, but I have become exactly what I have despised for the last 30 years, someone that shows an artist drawing and says to send a lot of money.

Rob James

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 04:42:48 PM »
Wow, that is one cool looking car................seriously I'm drooling!!  :drool

Rob,  ::beers
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 05:36:19 PM by Rob James »

eddie

• Liked: 285
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
Chupacabra
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 04:22:02 PM »
 Wow Charley ,you made it in Nov- Dec  Car builder news . Cool, that should sell faster then Vaydor and the price is right! will it be EV as well ?
http://www.flipdocs.com/showbook.aspx?ID=10011589_594580
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 04:51:22 PM by eddie »