How To - Tips > Exterior - Trim

**Ideas for interior brackets /mounts / donor steering column

<< < (2/2)

76mx:
Minihawn,
   In considering a column, you should also consider the linkage to the steering box. Most salvage yard columns have a "Rag Joint" that will not bend far enough to fit the angles required for a cab forward design like this. It will take at least one double u-joint with the intermediate support that must be used on that and then at least one more single u-joint fitted to the splines of the steering box. With a Flaming River or Ididit column, all of this linkage is standard 1"D-D shaft and off the shelf for $100 total. A knock off of those columns is under $200 from RPC and everything fits. The salvage column may be cheaper initially but you are going to spend a lot of time and money on linkage to get it all working together. Either way, attached is an example of an efficient bracket that supports the column, pedals, and dash. Good luck. 

minihawn:

--- Quote from: rodrieguz on January 03, 2016, 08:29:11 AM ---I got plenty of pics shoot me a text for pics.

Go here and print off all the pages related to the diablo so you can see how some of the panels go together.
http://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/lamborghini/diablo-roadster-1998/interior

some use a cavalier column, sebring column and the alpha 164 column is not that expensive similar to what the diablo uses.

--- End quote ---

Awsome ! I shot an email with my number. My old phone had ur number . Please pm it to me again

rodrieguz:
I got plenty of pics shoot me a text for pics.

Go here and print off all the pages related to the diablo so you can see how some of the panels go together.
http://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/lamborghini/diablo-roadster-1998/interior

some use a cavalier column, sebring column and the alpha 164 column is not that expensive similar to what the diablo uses.

minihawn:
Sounds like a simple question ,  but I was just wondering if anyone had some fab ideas for a straight forward install/mounting and removal of the interior. . My cockpit is open with no dash mounts at all. Also any good donor staring columns

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version