How To - Tips > Fiberglass & Paint

My 2017 Corvette Grand Sport

<< < (2/3) > >>

Robert:

--- Quote from: eddie on March 05, 2016, 06:23:11 PM ---one more question   ,Why two painters to do a little car? I'm painter for last 30 some years and did many exotics ( I can proof by pics with me) the reason I do ask is, each painter has different strokes and moves . that color is more less HUE or high in pearl pigments. all you need is one guy does bit different move then other color is off , on top of it,it goes to international Auto show.
 I would have my guy to cut and polish for a week . maybe I'm from the old school.
 btw car is gorgeous  exellent job+.

--- End quote ---
Thank you for the compliment Eddie.

Robert:
Two painters is the way the General wants it. My partner did the control coat. We used PPG envirobase waterborne base coat, and standard urethane clear. The clear is flat sanded.

eddie:
one more question   ,Why two painters to do a little car? I'm painter for last 30 some years and did many exotics ( I can proof by pics with me) the reason I do ask is, each painter has different strokes and moves . that color is more less HUE or high in pearl pigments. all you need is one guy does bit different move then other color is off , on top of it,it goes to international Auto show.
 I would have my guy to cut and polish for a week . maybe I'm from the old school.
 btw car is gorgeous  exellent job+.

Robert:
No. I work in Michigan, for GM.

01Lambiero:
You really work at the Corvette Plant in Bowling Green? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version