How To - Tips > Heating and Cooling

Diablo roadster cooling system

<< < (2/9) > >>

rasexy:
I dont have any yet. I will get some in the next day or two and then will post it for you.

mhotmarkx1:
Do you have any photos??? of the holes and how your system is schematically set up.

rasexy:
 ::bounceAfter reading several posts on here, I took my Diablo Roadster to a specialty racing shop. My problem was after running for 30 min under 50 mph or 10 min at 60mph i was going over 235 degrees. I dont know what front ends you have on yours but I had  only 2 round openings to force air to the radiator. With the down pressure of air on the hood, this reduced the air flow to the radiator. We made a 6 inch by 3 inch opening between the two round holes. They added a pan from this new opening to the radiator. Total cost..$800 with labor. The front end still looks great and best of all. Im running 165 degrees at 70-75 mph maintained speeds. Now the highest Ive seen it go was 190 while in heavy traffic stop and go in 96 degree weather.

rasexy:
I have a Diablo VT. I could drive it below 50 and it would stay around 180-200. Once going 60 mph or more, it would get too hot. I took it to the shop and was told it did not have a thermistate on it. They put one in and flushed the sysem. It still is running hot. Now the average temp is at 200.  My radiator is in the front with an electric fan. Is there a solution???

01Lambiero:
How about it, mhotmarkx1.  Where are your pics?  Found your cure yet?   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version