Author Topic: anniversary air boxes wtb for countach and window frames  (Read 2542 times)

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: anniversary air boxes wtb for countach and window frames
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 04:58:21 PM »
I traded all of the stainless frame channel that I had left to K9 about six months ago for a nice steak dinner. The Chupacabra uses a channel that is shaped and molded with the fiberglass so I do not plan on fabricating any more steel channel. I have plenty of the 8 foot sticks of felt that the glass slides on inside the channel, it is the same stuff regardless of how the channel is made.

dwight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 11:38:16 AM »
Any help with window frames for my Prova Countach and material or any build information would be greatly appreciated.

Linlor

• Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 02:36:26 PM »
76mx

I will be ordering some channel from you as well i bet......

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 02:27:11 PM »
Thanks Linlor, yes I do have the 25th airboxes and you are absolutely right about those frames. I figure that there are at least 64 different known configurations of them. For that reason I sell the channel in four foot lengths and the felt in eight foot sticks. The channel I have is pressed, not bent on a break, and is within a fraction of a millimeter to OEM dimensions, but not absolute. I was more concerned with making a channel that perfectly fit the currently available modern style window felt. 

Linlor

• Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 01:13:40 PM »
The airboxes you should be able to get from 76mx on here.

The window frames are a bit more of an issue......  They pretty much need to be made for each car as all kits seem to be slightly different in the side window area and whether you want to use the oem curved side glass or flat glass, and if you want rolling up and down lower window.  Lots of variables.....

Pilkington's in the uk make the curved side glass and a fellow named Jed from over there also makes a frame that fit these side glass setups but I have not heard about Jed in a couple years.

Once you make the call on side glass, you can then start sorting the door window frames.

DC Motorcars over in the UK may be able to sell you side glass frames but they are for the curved Pilkington glass if I remember correctly.

Cheers and good luck in your search
Don

danscountach

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
anniversary air boxes wtb for countach and window frames
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 05:34:40 AM »
I need anniversary air boxes for the rear of my countach  also in need of window frames for the doors please text me at 702 724 6112