Build Diaries > Aventador

Aventador cross sections

<< < (2/4) > >>

76mx:
Wayne, what is it exactly that you are trying to do? If it is to build a buck, you can spend a great deal of time and money and trial and error to do that, then spend a great deal of time and money and trial and error to build the molds, then spend a great deal of time and money and trial and error to build a body, and you can reinvent the wheel that way. If it is to have molds like you say in #8, if I understand correctly Inspire has sold his molds but he had to have had a buck to build them in the first place which he may still have. If so, he could make another mold then you could make your body. I do not know how many cars you intend to build, but amortizing the cost of that mold for only one body makes this route cost at least twice as much as it should. If it is your intention to have a Aventador body, cut out all of the other steps and duplicated expenses and just go get one from duraflex-racing.com. The fringe benefit of this way, and this is another huge cost consideration, is that unlike all of the other options a readily available $200 windshield works with it. 

wayne:
I agree 100% on the safety of the car, it was just a thought about the firewall as I thought it would be in the wrong location. I am a newbie here and wanted to know thoughts and comments so keep the comments coming. I will definitely take what you said into consideration on the firewall though. Thank you. Can someone tell me how to past pictures here?

Neils88:
The firewall for the Fiero is almost exactly where you want it for the Aventador.  You'll find that you end up doing major surgery on the Fiero spaceframe one way or another...I think I only have about half of the original structure left now.  I'd have to see pics of the part he's suggesting to have any real opinion on it.  Whatever way you go, you need to assess the safety of the structure and be prepared to engineer accordingly.

wayne:
Hey I have actually talked to Nate at Inspire Composites and got some quotes from him and I may wind up getting some molds from him. Here's another question for you guys. Nate @ Inspire quoted me a very good price for a monocoque that I am really thinking about buying and I wanted to ask you guys your thoughts of building a complete monocoque out of fiberglass and using a Fiero basically for just the floor pan and the Vin number for titling purposes. I know that the firewall will need some major mods so my thought was to not even use the firewall as I don't think it will be in the right place anyway. Any thoughts on this guys? Thanks

Neils88:
If you are still set on this (hey...it's your money  ::toothy) look up Inspire Composites online.  (He's on many of the boards as well...where he hasn't been banned).  Nate can produce bucks, molds, etc...and should be able to get you the files you want (likely at a price).  I got my Aventador panels from him a few years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version