Author Topic: Sandy the super storm  (Read 4165 times)

Blue knight

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Sandy the super storm
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 10:07:27 PM »
Gallon advice wheel taken. I've heard the samething before, it's not cost effective. Just exploring my options. Thank you for your input.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 09:23:50 AM »
Finding a way around stretching the frame is generally not what most do because it should be one of the easiest parts of the build and you don't want a donor that doesn't fit the body as well as the fiero does, you could possibly create more work for yourself. I didn't imagine the rev to be much different than a murcie?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 09:26:43 AM by Tallon »

Blue knight

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 06:12:40 AM »
Thanks Tussbes, is this a mid engine rolling chassis?

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 04:05:51 AM »
C5 corvette chassis fits perfectly abd they sell them already stripped
See eBay item

Blue knight

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 02:19:50 AM »
Thanks Chris, great info. I have a fairly good budget to start the build. I have the body already which is a Lamborghini Reventon and as I related earlier, my fiero was submerged contaminated water. So, I guessing that the best option is to get another fiero or if there is another option where the frame is 105 inches, thus avoiding to stretch the frame.

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 09:26:47 PM »
I'm assuming that you are wanting to build a Lamborghini replica since you are here so I'll suggest that before you purchase a donor you plan your build out and decide on a budget and what is important to you as far as drive-ability, originality and the amount of work you plan on doing yourself vs. using OEM or other assembled components.  There are many partial projects out there that range from a wide assortment of frame and body types which might be a good place to start.  As long as the previous builder and you share the same principles for quality, you might actually get a good head start and capitalize on his work and investment.  If you are looking at a Murci build, the G28 style bodies are made to fit on a stretched Fiero or MR2.  If you are looking at a John Watson Murci body, these are OEM in every dimension therefore it's probably best to start with a custom made chassis.  I'm personally using a Fiero tub that will have the rear half of the frame removed and a 1999 Pontiac GTP frame and 3800SC engine grafted to where the Fiero frame and engine was at.  The bracing and additional framing will be custom built.

That should be enough to get you started.   ::beers

Chris 

Blue knight

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 08:56:50 PM »
Thank you No Bull, I need some kind distraction from this nightmare and a form of normalcy. I need to put this catastrophe behind me and a perfect vehicle to lead me out of the abyss, is do the things that make you happy. Getting my life back together again is a cause to make me excited and it does by all means but thinking about my dream build, makes me happy; something to look forward too.  So, do you have any suggestion on a Donor Car?

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 06:23:28 PM »
Thanks autopro, I kinda figured that the best option is to get rid of it and start the process of finding a new donor car. Yes, the vehicle is insured and the fiero is not in drivable condition anymore. I just needed to hear some feedback to confirm the inevitable. And thank you some much for your kind words. I am, no doubt, commencing the rebuilding stage and home that FEMA can expedite the process, we are hurting right now so let's see if they can get it right. Thank you all for your support and words of encouragement.

I would turn it into insurance as a "collectable" and then offer to buy it back from the insurance company as a part car which should be a fraction of what the insurance pay out will be.  Use the insurance money on a frame stretch, engine transplant etc or skip buying the car back and shop around for a frame that has already been modified.

Glad to see that you are safe and you are already thinking about your build.   ::salute

Chris

Blue knight

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 05:35:03 PM »
Thanks autopro, I kinda figured that the best option is to get rid of it and start the process of finding a new donor car. Yes, the vehicle is insured and the fiero is not in drivable condition anymore. I just needed to hear some feedback to confirm the inevitable. And thank you some much for your kind words. I am, no doubt, commencing the rebuilding stage and home that FEMA can expedite the process, we are hurting right now so let's see if they can get it right. Thank you all for your support and words of encouragement.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 04:57:53 PM »
wow guys I am very sorry for your loses, at least it was only material things that can be replaced.  Please if there is anything that we can do just ask, I am sure that we are al willing to help ::wave

@ Blue knight - if you have insurance your car you are better off getting a claim on it, but if you don't then all that I would use from it is the frame.  Everything else will need to be replaced on it, this is just my experience with flooded cars that have sat in deep enough water for any length of time.  Just make sure that you flush it very well and put some type of metal protection inside and out where ever possible and even then rust will probably be a problem sooner or later.
Pedro

Blue knight

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 04:35:03 PM »
OK so you all know that my city was underwater and I need some opinion on my fiero. The 1988 Fiero GT I purchased for my donor was under 5 feet of contaminated water. My question is, since the entire car was submerged in water, I should not be used it as my donor? I don't want any problems going forward. Please provide m with suggestions. Thank you.

Blue knight

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 08:15:09 PM »
USMC_Butler, thank you for your thoughtful gesture and concern about this historic storm we have all experienced. The update in my hometown of Hoboken is pretty much the same, very slow progress. We have no power, no hot water and no heat for many of us in our homes. There were many families that had to pack up and leave town to stay with friends, families and/or hotels outside ground zero. As for me, my house has sustained major damage, my vehicles totaled with the fiero added to that list, my two businesses were decimated beyond belief! Hence, a very difficult and depressing few days for us at home. However, went we were finally able to watch the news and hear people"s heartbreaking stories about love ones they lost, my lost does not stackup or come close to that kind of devastation! I am grateful that my family is safe and everything else is just material items that can be replaced but a love one. We will keep working hard to rebuilt what was lost, together as a strong family and hopefully close the chapter in this book.  Too members that have expressed words of encouragement and prayers, here at home and abroad, Words cannot begin to describe how thankful I am for your prayers, thoughtfulness, and kind gestures that were offered.You all have given me encouragement and hope in a difficult time. I am grateful for your support. Thanks for thinking about us.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »
Glad you and everyone is ok, i've been watching the footage for days, very devastating  ::sad Again thank you for keeping us informed of what is going on and if you need any supplies or anyway we can help don't hesitate to ask ::salute

FAmonmouth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 5
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 11:25:55 AM »
WOW is all i have to say.  Been without contact to the outside world for days.  Took a drive around today and the devestation is crazy.  It is like i am watching news footage from katrina.  Over 80 homes burnt down at once, homes lifted off foundations and moved blocks inland.  Inlets where there used to be houses, houses where there used to be inlets.  I will compile all of the photos i am taking and are being posted on facebook and post a link if i can later

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »
Prayers go out to all that,s been devastated by this storm , God will keep you safe until it over. ::angel  take care of yourself and your family
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.