Author Topic: Which motor?  (Read 1445 times)

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 285
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
Re: Which motor?
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 05:31:12 PM »
CC he used a Audi or VW hinges  I think and some random longer struts , no IDEA.

Thumper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 31
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 05:03:05 PM »
I can tell you do NOT go with a 4.3 ltr Vortec, especially if you go carb'd like I did.  I could have gone with a different motor for far less $$ but this is what I had at the time.  It will be pretty good motor though and I took it around the block a few times and it's going to move!  IF... I can keep the tires planted to the ground.  haha.

Ccemn1

• Liked: 22
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 04:51:52 PM »
Can you tell me what kind of lifting struts you used on that hood?
Mine had the hydraulics, but they're both missing & I can't find ones to replace them.

eddie

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 04:28:15 PM »
hers a picture of my and J D friend Joe who build this spoless Diablo with 01 GTP S/c and auto GHTP trans.  transverse .btw car was sold with only 300km on for 52K Can. the man was older guy and bit disable walking could not drive it . it cost him 92 THOUSAND CAN dollars !!

Ccemn1

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 01:13:11 PM »
Thank you. That's all I really wanted, was to drop a 3.8 into the engine bay & mate it to the standard 5 speed. I figure an extra liter of displacement should make for a substantial gain in performance.
It's just that there were so many different GM 3.8's through the years, I was wondering if any specific years, or models, worked better than others, as far as clearance issues, and mating up to the Fiero Trans & motor mounts?

eddie

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 10:23:48 AM »
OK , LP set up is a lot of work, engine, transmission  ( more or less an AUDI )adapter  plate, motor mounts , axles, shifting and that's just the basics to start and that's like 5K $ or more right there beside the labor
on other hand ,transverse you can drop 3.8  or 3.8S/C in Fiero transmission or get complete set up from donor . less work but nothing over the weekend.
I think I post it for you when it comes to FIERO about any mods from mild to wild  go to
http://fiero.nl/cgi-bin/main.cgi

Ccemn1

Which motor?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 07:55:28 PM »
Since I have so much work to do in this IFG, Fiero based, Diablo, I'm thinking of upgrading to a GM 3.8 liter.
I'm completely new at this game. Can anyone guide me in the right direction as to what year, model and specific engine I should use, with no clearance issues, or major engine, or Trans Mods?
Thanks in advance.