Build Diaries > Countach

1986 Countach Replica

(1/6) > >>

88.5countach:
Sorry been away from the site a while.  I'm wondering if when the blower is on it is still getting hot from the heater core.  You need that for defog but wondering if you bypass the lines to the blower box if it makes any difference.  Just a thought, the fiero guys may know better.  My thought is to loop the hot out line from the engine to the heater box to the return line from the heater box on the engine.  Then you know for sure there is no heat in the blower box.  But I think you'll need it for the defog.

Correy7:
I am now just a few repairs away from clearing the British Columbia safety inspection, the remaining to do items are:

1. Front hood electrical latch needs to be re-wired or replaced, does not function atm. Looking like this will be a straightforward fix.

2. Driver and Passenger seats need to be secured, original fiero set was extracted by previous owner and replaced with racing seats....bolted directly to floor pan. Is this common practice? I am contemplating installing seat tracks and brackets for ease in re-positioning. Problem with existing situation is that they are not secure... there is a marginal amount of play when tested.

3. **Not a safety requirement however under progress now, I am replacing the muncie 4spd shift cable, purchased new one from Rodney Dickman and awaiting arrival of the sport shifter Rodney produces to replace the existing shifter which is aesthetically hard on the eyes. 

Inquiry:

1. The door glass on my car is a solid piece with bracket layover to mimic the split window look of OEM (i.e bottom half does not roll down). on top of this, it appears that my cooling system is kaput i.e. AC brings in marginally cooler air. I am looking for ways in which other owners have brought in outside air into the cabin to ensure I do not bake like a lobster. When thru vents are opened they still brings in very warm air, largely due to the fact that they lie right behind the rad in the front compartment... would anyone have ideas as to how best to tackle this issue. Cabin interior and cooling system are stock 86' fiero, I am looking for a relatively easy solution as opposed to an overhaul of the AC system.

As a thought, I am mechanically inclined but still new to this hobby... could clogged air filters be contributing to this issue?

Correy7:
Fellas,

Great news to report and will update with pictures if interested later this week.

Purchased an 86' Fiero washer fluid reservoir and pump via EBay, installed in front compartment (mounted on subframe assembly), wired off primary harness (thanks to the help of members pointing me in the right direction with diagrams) and plumbed...it may seem small but pretty rewarding to now have a fully functioning wiper assembly!

Next up: shift cable and shifter assembly.

Question: Would anyone have a lead on a shift gate similar to that of the FiEuro product?I know Rodney Dickman offers the improved shifter but am having difficulty finding a gate (for aesthetic purposes only).

Correy7:
Fellas -

As always appreciate the insight -

Was able to find an 86' Fiero Haynes Service Manual on EBay for next to nothing, great suggestion, I would have never known something of the like existed otherwise.

Lots to work on for a few weeks now, I'll keep this thread up to date as progress is made or challenges come up.

Thank you again!

76mx:
Sounds like they spliced and lengthened the cables when they lengthened the chassis, and did a poor job of it. $200 will get you two new cables the correct length at Control Cable Inc. 562-949-0455, talk to Greg.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version