Build Diaries > Countach

1986 Countach Replica

<< < (5/6) > >>

Correy7:
Hello All,

Please see below a link to video of the door in which I need to replace the lift strut (actually I need to replace both) - kindly let me know any thoughts you may have as to how to access strut both in skirt and door itself.

Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/0zCJYc4Qqxo

A few other items that I need help with:

1. Any recommendations or threads on headliner replacement "how to" and;
2. I cannot seem to locate the washer fluid reservoir, is this not typically located in front compartment of fiero... I would assume the same on this kit but am having difficulty finding anything.

Last few items for BC safety are:

1. Door struts
2. Headliner
3. Washer fluid (functional) and:
4. Seat bolts need to be tightened

I know you guys help newbies like myself because of your enthusiasm for this hobby, I hope to do the same someday as my knowledge grows and really appreciate any insight you can offer along the way.

Boy am I excited that she's now sitting at our place, a few more items to go and back on the road :)

Correy7:
Fellas, appreciate your responses and willingness to help.

I will upload pictures as requested when car is in my possession and try to take as many as possible to help with the assessment. I spoke with the glass installer today and asked him to do a little recon on the door, he mentioned that it appears to be  a door card with fastener clips however was weary of doing the repair work himself due to brittleness of fiberglass that he experienced when inserting window frames.

Will follow up on this next week - parking brake cable is being replaced over course of next day or so, that should be last detail before I can get her back here.

Any idea from video who would have manufactured this kit?

Thanks all!

88.5countach:

--- Quote from: 01Lambiero on October 25, 2017, 11:22:14 AM ---Shane: Please post at least 6 pictures of the door from various angles to help us out.  Just click the "attachments and other options" at the bottom of the text frame on the "Reply" window to load your pictures.

--- End quote ---
More pics would be good but your on track with removing the inner door cart to get access.  Once off it should be accessible.

01Lambiero:
Shane: Please post at least 6 pictures of the door from various angles to help us out.  Just click the "attachments and other options" at the bottom of the text frame on the "Reply" window to load your pictures.

Correy7:
Apologies guys -

I was able to upload the video to youtube moments ago...below link should work:

https://youtu.be/b_auDdUkA-A

The vehicle was shipped to me from New Brunswick to Vancouver, BC in August however during shipping the passenger side window was broken, glass has been cut, tempered and installed as of yesterday - took a while to find a local professional capable and willing to do so.

I should have the car in my garage as of late week at which point I can take additional footage - this original video was done by seller.

My trending thought is that they way in which door struts are accessed is through removal of interior door card? This coming to me after examining build manuals and videos...would I be on the right track?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version