How To - Tips > Steering / Suspension

Need Help!

<< < (2/5) > >>

01Lambiero:
Take out the shaft assembly.  Take pictures.  Take measurements and talk to:
Arraut Motorsports.  info@arrautmotorsports.com  (616) 893-1433
                                   OR
You can take your "new" Fiero axle shaft to your favorite GM mechanic and have him remove the "long" center shaft out of your "old" axle and replace the "short" shaft in your "new" axle providing that they are the same diameter and spline count.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=front+wheel+drive+axle+shaft+rebuild&qpvt=front+wheel+drive+axle+shaft+rebuild&view=detail&mid=D57BAE123E71050FEBF0D57BAE123E71050FEBF0&&FORM=VDRVRV

Ccemn1:
Does anyone have any idea what half shaft I would use with the Anti-bump steer rear and Fiero 5-speed transmission?

Ccemn1:
The original owner of this car (2004), is a forum member and found me on here. This was at one time a first rate job, but has been trashed by the several owners since then. It definitely has the Anti-bump steer package, with longer half shafts. I went to my local junk yard today and found a V-6 Fiero. I was surprised to find it was a four speed, but took Pics of the half shaft and it appears much shorter than mine (See Pics).
Now my question is, What half shaft do I replace this with? I feel like a real idiot, because I already ordered a stock half shaft for an '86 Fiero, V-6 five speed!
First two Pics are the junk yard car, second two are mine.

01Lambiero:
The "bump steer" is eliminated by the bracket attaching the tie rod arm to the lower bar.  I circled the bracket in my picture above.  The adjustable rod is for toe-in/toe-out setting.   ::thumbup

76mx:
That makes sense now. I see where the linkage in MM's picture goes to the chassis and creates two different arcs, where the linkage in 01's picture ties back to the a-arm, making only one arc. Thank you, I learned something today. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version