How To - Tips > Engine & Transmission

Need some input. Motor and trans decision?

(1/3) > >>

AdrianBurton:
I think that you are missing the frustration that comes from answering the same question 1000 time about your area of expertise and have it questioned at every turn

Spyder3000gtvr4:
That was helpful thanks

76mx:
In that case, forget everything I told you. I have zero experience on a build where money was never mentioned as a priority, only modern lightweight powerful reliable. I am guessing a dual turbo LS with a Gertraag, also guessing $30,000-$40,000.

Spyder3000gtvr4:
My priority is to have as modern, lightweight, powerful, reliable engine as possible. I’m not looking for 100% accuracy as I plan on doing a some affolter type of mods.
No offense to anybody as everybody does there own thing but I never understood the whole “I want it to look 100%! Accurate and I’ll spend ridiculous amounts of money” then you pop the engine hood to see a replica engine cover (more money) and see a 35 yr old 100hp fiero engine.

aeauto:
If you want a transmission that will reliably hold 450+ HP with gearing optimized for your engine be prepared to pay for it.  Contact Mendeola or Griffin transmissions and they can build what you want for something around $15000.  If you want a car that wont see the track and is just a good, fun toy go with an engine that makes 350 to 400 HP with a BoxsterS/Cayman 6-speed or Audi 01E and live with the not quite optimum gears.  In a light car that will be all the HP you need.

One more thing.  The LS series engines have almost as much aftermarket support as the earlier small block chevy engines and are available with aluminum block and heads at affordable prices.  The electronic engine management system on them makes for a very drivable car regardless of weather conditions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version