How To - Tips > Steering / Suspension

Which Axles?

(1/5) > >>

01Lambiero:
Quit calling the repair "rebuild".  You want to change the axle shaft.
A simple search brought up this site in Fort Myers, FL.  Enjoy!

https://www.mechanicadvisor.com/fl/fort-myers/cv-axle-repair

★Murci-Me★:
There are a lot of things mechanics wont do any more. Not because it isn't possible, its just not cost effective to spend the time rebuilding a half shaft when you can purchase a new one for a lesser cost.
You don't seem to have that luxury though, since you cant find the assembly you need. You can probably start 3 or 4 more threads here asking the same question 3 or 4 more new ways, OR you can just order the parts and rebuild your axel and be done with it. 2 weeks from now you can either be driving your car or still asking how to fix it, the choice is yours. I think you need to learn how to be more self sufficient and not rely on other people to fix your problems. The forum is here to help people, not to do all their work for them. I know its tough, but eventually all little snowflakes need to grow up and learn to dress themselves.

Simple Man:

--- Quote from: Ccemn1 on December 19, 2017, 09:48:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: Simple Man on December 19, 2017, 08:20:34 AM ---1. Take what ever is broken in your car and remove

2. contact one of the axles outfits

3. Package your broken part in a double walled box

4 Ship to selected axle company

5. Have a happy holiday  :santa

Been wanting to use the santa emjoi  :LL:

--- End quote ---
Can you suggest an axle company? Apparently, no one in South West FL rebuilds axles. I've done a search, both online and physically, and the answer is always the same, "No one rebuilds axles, just replace the half shaft".
This makes perfect sense, as I purchased the Fiero half shaft for $62. bucks, and for that, I wouldn't even consider getting my hands dirty, or taking the time to replace a CV joint. Wrong half shaft though, so it looks like I'm going to be tasked with the job myself.
Happy Kwanzaa.

--- End quote ---

Dude, quit smoking the weed as it promotes short term memory loss!!  :D

It could also make you loose motivation/lazy and never get anything done on your car. 

Although I must say "I smoked marijuana but I didn't inhale or have sexual relations with that woman"   8)

Ccemn1:

--- Quote from: Simple Man on December 19, 2017, 08:20:34 AM ---1. Take what ever is broken in your car and remove

--- End quote ---
Can you suggest an axle company? Apparently, no one in South West FL rebuilds axles. I've done a search, both online and physically, and the answer is always the same, "No one rebuilds axles, just replace the half shaft".
This makes perfect sense, as I purchased the Fiero half shaft for $62. bucks, and for that, I wouldn't even consider getting my hands dirty, or taking the time to replace a CV joint. Wrong half shaft though, so it looks like I'm going to be tasked with the job myself.
Happy Kwanzaa.

Simple Man:
1. Take what ever is broken in your car and remove

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version