Author Topic: Which Axles?  (Read 4272 times)

Simple Man

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Which Axles?
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 06:00:58 PM »
No one rebuild CV joints. You replace the half shaft, it's half the time and half the price.

Then replace it !!

My axle to short , they made a new piece to extend it and put it all back together.... I move forward!!

Ccemn1

• Liked: 22
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 05:24:44 PM »
No one rebuild CV joints. You replace the half shaft, it's half the time and half the price.

★Murci-Me★

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 04:53:35 PM »
He said he didn't have a broken axel Bill, that's what makes all this so idiotic! I have asked him several times WHY he needs a new axel when all that's bad is the CV joints, he still cant answer that.

Simple Man

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 02:31:37 PM »
Sorry about the redundancy guys, I assumed there might be some knowledgeable people on here who might be able to provide some pertinent Info, as is the case with the Ducati & Aprilia sites I'm on.
I guess I was wrong.

If there are no spacers and your using OEM offset wheels then I would
assume there are no off the shelf axle to be had.

I put a 3.5 inch wide track suspension in the rear of my car using OEM offset wheels.  I had to measure the increase I needed for each side and send them to a shop and have custom axles made,  as well as CVC joints gone through  and new rubber boots, as there was no axles that would fit.

Based on the date of your first post(s) if you had taking the broken axle out back then, you could of had the replacement back already  888o :LL:

Ccemn1

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 12:21:28 PM »
Sorry about the redundancy guys, I assumed there might be some knowledgeable people on here who might be able to provide some pertinent Info, as is the case with the Ducati & Aprilia sites I'm on.
I guess I was wrong.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 12:30:03 AM »
Have you checked all of your other posts about your bad axle???  It's like deja vu all over again, again.
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

★Murci-Me★

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 11:29:39 PM »
O   M   G, AGAIN??? This is the 3rd thread about the SAME THING (Need help, what half shaft, and now "which axels"!!!) Somebody ban this moron already.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 11:40:58 PM by ★Murci-Me★ »

Ccemn1

Which Axles?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 12:52:06 PM »
I recently purchased an IFG Diablo on a Fiero Base vehicle, 2.8 V-6 and 5 speed transaxel.
In going over it, I discovered I needed new drivers side rear wheel bearings and a half shaft. I purchased both online, but when delivered, it was immediately apparent that the stock Fiero half shaft was too short. I was told this car had the anti-bump steer package, and apparently a wider rear suspension, because there don't seem to be any wheel spacers being used. The distance from the Trans to the inside of the bearing hub is about 16".
Can anyone give me a clue as to what half shafts I should be using?
Thank you.