How To - Tips > Engine & Transmission

3800 SC engine over heating

(1/6) > >>

01Lambiero:
At what temps in your cooling system are you calling "overheating"? and what are your accurate temps in your engine bay?

CCIE:

--- Quote from: eddie on May 21, 2019, 05:04:47 AM ---to my opinion ,you can have 6 core rad  but its the air flow that is important . even some diablo kits with two rear rads over heat , you are using Fiero or G6 transmission or LP ?

--- End quote ---

Eddy!!!..... Yep you are absolutely correct my friend. Airflow not only for the radiators but also in the engine bay. There is hardly any air flow in the engine bay. I am getting fans installed to suck air in as well as to suck it out of the engine bay, hopefully the fans will keep the air moving ....
I have a SBC 350 with a 600 CFM carb hence I have the typical vapor lock issue.

eddie:
to my opinion ,you can have 6 core rad  but its the air flow that is important . even some diablo kits with two rear rads over heat , you are using Fiero or G6 transmission or LP ?

CCIE:
On my IFG 60 replica with a v8 I have a 4 core large radiator upfront with a spal fan and its not enough.......

Jimbo:
Yes I kept the one up front and so far no issues with cooling but like I said a 3 core aluminum rad with a high flow fan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version