The Forum > New Member Introductions & Bio's

Looking to buy or build a Countach replica......and I'm a newbie......

(1/5) > >>

88.5countach:

--- Quote from: dave4what on May 23, 2018, 09:52:43 AM ---Hello,
My name is Dave, I live in Michigan, and I am preferably looking to buy a completed kit Countach that needs work, or is in great shape, either one is fine. I do have mechanical skills and can fix most problems, but doing an entire frame build is not something I want to try if possible. I have 2 real Lambo's, a 206 Huracan 610, and a 2008 Murcielago. I've always wanted a Countach since I was a small boy, like many others, but they were unreachable at that time to me.

With the prices of factory Countach's going through the roof in the past few years, and the fact that they were not really mechanically "friendly" from day one, I am very much interested in finding a replica I can tinker with. I would like to put about a 500-550hp Corvette engine in whatever car I do end up with, and I do know C3 and C4 Corvettes very well, I re-built my 1969 Stingray from the ground up, so I am familiar with them.

There is currently a 1988 replica on Ebay for $40,000 on a tube frame, looks pretty good, but I have no idea if it is a good buy or a goodbye.... Ebay auction #253627926045 being sold by Raflo2 in Washington state) Any help you guys can offer me on this car, or other alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a link on this site to replica builders, or are they all gone now?

Thanks in advance for your help, and good to be on the site!!

--- End quote ---
Dave not sure if your still looking for a car but I'm looking at putting mine up for sale.  Will likely do a video this weekend and list it next week.

Todd
lamborghinicountachreplica@gmail.com

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

nickmkk:

--- Quote from: dave4what on May 28, 2018, 08:40:58 AM ---I'm just about to hit 55 years old, saved up some money, and got lots of REALLY BIG loans, you can get those too! I'm in hock up to my eyeballs, but I know if I don't do it now, I probably won't ever do it. Bucket list is nearly done, just need that Aventador…. I'll keep you posted.

--- End quote ---

I'm one of those guys who hates banks, never takes out loans, and pays cash for everything.  That's why I try to build a replica instead of buying the real thing, maybe someday I'll finish it.  :)

Watch this and you'll understand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbvCxMfcKv4&t=6m58s

dave4what:

--- Quote from: nickmkk on May 27, 2018, 08:08:11 AM ---Nice cars! I have just two questions. What do you do for a living, and where can I apply?  :LL:

--- End quote ---

I'm just about to hit 55 years old, saved up some money, and got lots of REALLY BIG loans, you can get those too! I'm in hock up to my eyeballs, but I know if I don't do it now, I probably won't ever do it. Bucket list is nearly done, just need that Aventador…. I'll keep you posted.

dave4what:

--- Quote from: CCIE on May 27, 2018, 12:34:31 PM ---Dave... I was bidding on it when it was on ebay. I reached out to the dealership and was "trying" to work on a price then they came back and said someone in Michigan bought it.... WELL THEN!!!!   ;)

Congrats... You have to take me for a ride sometimes!!!!!!

CCIE

--- End quote ---

That's really funny, because just before I gave them my deposit prior to buying my airline tickets, they said they had someone interested in it, but not a deposit yet, so it looks as if they weren't pulling my leg after all. Ha, a small world it is indeed! BTW you're always welcome to go for a ride anytime my friend.

CCIE:
Dave... I was bidding on it when it was on ebay. I reached out to the dealership and was "trying" to work on a price then they came back and said someone in Michigan bought it.... WELL THEN!!!!   ;)

Congrats... You have to take me for a ride sometimes!!!!!!

CCIE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version