The Forum > Lessons Learned - Advice to Newbies

New Guy Needing Advice

(1/5) > >>

AdrianBurton:
And I have a  few of the BMW V12's sitting around should you decide to go that path.  I can say for myself it is as much about the AURAL experience as it is anything else, besides I cannot get use to buying rear tires as much as I have to for my Merc V12

Supercobra:
This resource should help if you choose to use a BMW V12:

http://www.v12diablo.co.uk/resources/BMW%20V12%20Using%20OEM%20ECU%27s.pdf

srd1:
Id like to find a Aventador, Reventon, or Diablo .

76mx:
What replica are you wanting to build? My bud AdrianBurton can give you much info on a V-12.

srd1:

--- Quote from: 76mx on July 10, 2018, 09:16:32 PM ---You have not researched enough to see the whole picture. A 450HP aluminum small block with a Mr. Goodwrench Factory Warranty, one of Eric's (AEAuto) adapter plates and clutch and starter, and a Porsche/Audi 01X transaxle will be well under $10,000. Just a set of headers for a V-12 could easily be over $10,000 and/or a multi year project. That is only one example. You are going to have similar issues with the water pump, air conditioner, wiring, and so on. A nice set of ceramic headers for the small block is $99. But as I keep saying, if you have cubic money, go for it and continue the V-12 pursuit.

--- End quote ---
Your right i havent researched enough ive just started, i found a guy with several complete bmw and merc v12s not to far from me wanting 1500 to 2000 for the motors depending on mileage and year said computers harnesses everything comes with them. So im guessing its adapting them to this application is what gets expensive? Im not set on a v12 at all just kicking things around man. I own my own business make a decent living not rich by any means not trying to invest 6 figures in a replica just want something i can tinker around in my shop me and my friends, (i have alot of good friends fabricators, auto body, upholstery etc) that have been in their respective trades for 20 or 30 plus years and are ridiculously good at what they do. Ive got a 5000 sq ft heated and cooled shop with alot of cool poopie in it lift, mig, tig, plasma, to many metal working tools and equipment to list and plenty of time im in no rush. If i sound like a retarded newb its because i am when it comes to replica cars. But everyone starts somewhere, my 1st try at building a replica  was like 15 years ago or so got taken for close to 20 grand by a place called rks designs (believe that was the name of the pricks company) and honestly my main goal at this point is to not get messed again. 1st one kinda left a shitty taste in my mouth turned me off of it for a long time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version