How To - Tips > Hood - Engine Covers

Oem style front hood/trunk question??

(1/8) > >>

Hicsko:
Wery  nice job String!
Hic

Jets303:
I trimmed it to fit my hood. On the real hood it appears to be flush with the inner portion painted matte black and outer the same gloss color as the body. I'm going to keep that as well on mine.

I started working on the inner lip and its coming out smoothly. Ill post pics when I can.

Tallon:
Yeah mines bigger than the hood and needs trimming also

I was just saying because you asked if the edges of the hood will lay on the body the same but if you do it like oem the panel wouldn't be in the way

No Bull:

--- Quote from: Tallon on December 03, 2012, 06:15:24 PM ---I don't think that the inner panel covers the whole underside of the hood on the oem car if you look at pictures you can see the cars paint around it. My guess is cut the inner hood a little smaller than the hood all around, to look oem anyway. It is a bit thick, though. Would be nice to see the real thing in person.

--- End quote ---

Hi Tallon.. I think Jetts had to trim this back because my underside panel is as wide as the hood.  Bart said that he was going to leave us some edge to trim back if we wanted to.  Jetts, did you take it to the edge or trim it back a little?  If you trimmed it, how much did you take off?

Thanks,

Chris 

Tallon:
I don't think that the inner panel covers the whole underside of the hood on the oem car if you look at pictures you can see the cars paint around it. My guess is cut the inner hood a little smaller than the hood all around, to look oem anyway. It is a bit thick, though. Would be nice to see the real thing in person.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version