How To - Tips > Hood - Engine Covers

Oem style front hood/trunk question??

<< < (2/8) > >>

No Bull:
Jetts, did you need to modify the trunk ledge that the hood sits on?  I've been wondering how thick the panels would be together and once a gasket is laid down if this will push the hood up. 

I've seriously been considering splitting the fenders and windshield pillars from my one piece body.  I think that the windshield pillar panel should be bonded to the pillars (just like any production vehicle) which would minimize any body flex that would transfer to the body and crack the windshield.  Any flexing should be minimal enough that the windshield gasket (adhesive) will absorb it and if the windshield frame isn't strong enough, you'll probably have other problems or soon will. :) 

If I separate the fenders, I'll make a new inner trunk section anyhow and the ledge for the trunk panel will become a moot point on my build.

Thanks,

Chris

Jets303:
Thanks guys, Im not done just yet. Im planning on putting on the perimeter trim ring as well with the oem rubber gasket to seal it up. As close to oem as possible. Stay tuned!

No Bull:
You've just raised the bar for finished G28 trunks!   ::thumbup

Chris

usmc_butler:
Very nice ::beers

Jets303:
http://youtu.be/wk5nrwniGJI

Pre primer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page