The Forum > New Member Introductions & Bio's

New Murci member here

<< < (2/3) > >>

Neils88:
It will likely be much more complicated than you anticipate. You really need to assess the work that has been completed so far. The seller may well understate the amount of work remaining. If they are selling the project, then there is a good chance that they were in over their head (as most builders are). They will attempt to recoup their expenses and will usually overprice the car and overstate the amount of work they have done. Also, what skills did they have? You are assuming that the welds were done properly and safely. Was the fabrication done properly and safely? Are things straight and properly aligned? Were the correct materials used? If possible, I would recommend you finding an experienced car builder in your area to go with you to assess the car before you actually purchase it. You can also post pics of the car here so we can get an idea of the state of the build... though pictures don't tell the full story.

mikemurci:
I agree with the build not being easy, I can tell from the posts and effort everyone does.  What I would like to know if the whole car mechanical part is finished all metal work and electrics, how hard is it to fit panels off and leave interior stock original for now??
so
1> leave stock mr2 interior apart from adaptions necessary to work with new body.
2> Fit panels securely in place and doors
3> Paint and sourcing exterior parts.

Is it true I may need glass headlights?? I will go to IVA test the frame and mechanics is not being built by me but a professional garage with full experience and documenting so I can take for IVA test in UK

lambobuilder:
As others have said, this is great group with lots of knowledge to share.
Here is link to a Murci Build diary https://www.facebook.com/Murcielago-replica-build-142322246321325/.
There are also other Murci builders who have shared their progress on https://www.facebook.com/groups/161571067223540/ as well.

Neils88:

--- Quote from: mikemurci on March 01, 2019, 05:26:45 PM ---I can imagine I love the aventador . Is there a way to adapt the murci to the Aventador with $50 dollars??  lol I know it costs a lot I wish it was not so expensive.  I have a dream and I will make this work for sure and yes I can imagine so much costs. 
You have given very wise advise. Sadly I never find a finsihed project :(

--- End quote ---

Mike, just to help you understand what you are getting into, keep in mind that a build will usually take more than 3,000 hours to complete and ultimately cost you more than $50k. (These are conservative numbers... and don't expect a partially built project to reduce these numbers). If you purchase an ongoing project you will also be in a position where you may be finding and repairing another person's mistakes. You will need proficient skills in welding, body work, fabrication, mechanical, electrical, electronics, programming, etc... and all the tools required to achieve those skills. Enthusiasm is critical... but by itself, it won't get you much.

If you do proceed, then this is definitely the place to frequent for advice. The people here are great. But please be honest with yourself!

mikemurci:

--- Quote from: Footcutter on March 01, 2019, 05:36:15 PM ---Welcome.  I also am an Aventador builder extensively using 3D printing to do the entire body.  I am also a cheap bastard, and this is why I went this route.  This is a great group, and you should be able to find folks who have very good advise, I know, I have benefited greatly!

--- End quote ---

My wife will say I am a cheap bastard too :) I am in the right club :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version